1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Anglers Hitting Commercial Stocks

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

2. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

whot a load of bo...ks. this is why my club came out of the trust :angry:

3. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

ive certainly not affected commercial stocks but would love to say i had
    its that blasted trawler going up and down at our end thats ruining the shore sport i think

4. ibuprofenman

ibuprofenman Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Who wrote this report? Kolo Toure?

5. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I read both this and the article you posted under the other thread regarding seaweed and baitdigging.... and the one thing that sticks in my throat the most here is this
    bag limits.
    how in the hell are bag limits for sea anglers in anyway ever going to stop the erosion of our fish stocks?
    I mean seriously?
    what are they going to do next? expect to stop a train by firing a peashooter at it?

a charter boat on an excellent day may take a fraction of one trawl may take in a couple of hours
    what is wrong with these idiots?

if taking fish from a successful trip is to become a crime then Im to become a criminal

6. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Who is feeding these clowns they need somebody to manage the trawlers are dropping like flies nobody left to look after they allowed practices that detroyed most of our stoks run riot for 30 years then come up with anglers have a massive impact on fish stocks hooking idiots.

paul.

7. Howard

Howard Blenny

SAIF What the Hell???? You couldnt have made it up another bloody QUANGO?
    What Nonsence.

8. Piscator

Piscator Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I like the comment in brackets questioning the 'ownership' of sea fish: since when did a shoal of fish become a 'commercial stock'?

Steve.

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Dont worry lads, it must have been april fools day , or a missing comedy sketch from morcambe and wise , :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. andyman

andyman Doh! Come back, stupid fish

:laugh:
    I can see that I might have to start hiding my catch inside the hull of my kayak in case they accuse me of stealing their commercial stock. What a f-ing liberty !

11. TheCodfather

TheCodfather Guest

what a complete pack of idiots.

12. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

They have nothing to worry about from me. I did my back in earlier in the season lugging my 1000 boxes of cod up the cliffs and throwing them at sea birds.

13. WetLine

WetLine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hmmmm....

They may "believe" this, but it doesn't make it true.

However it's worth a try to deflect attention from the real cause.

Can't wait till they turn their attentions to all the Seals & Seabirds eating into 'their' exclusive fish stocks.

Total fish stocks DO NOT = 'commercial stocks'

Recreational Angling does not affect stocks I can't remember a single example of a fish species been put at risk by us.

Just recently seen the TV programme "End of the Line" trawlers taking out entire shoals (i.e removing gentic diversity in one swoop).

Commercial Fisherman should look to themselves for the reason for detrimental impacts on fish stocks.

Unfortunately it appears the blame game continues in the wrong direction again.

:blindfold:

14. cleeclive

cleeclive Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

take a real look at the situation, the commercials have been legislated to death and the under 10m vessels are fairly bitter about their lot, so they are only too keen to pass the buck onto us. There is a whole new industry out there waiting to expand called the sciece and management of sea anglers. Whilst we are all stirring the fish stew on forums and the fisheries scientists are looking for work the government and EU have no option but to fund the gravy train.

I know it is all cods bollocks, you know that it is all cods bollocks but two sides fighting about it demonstrates to politicians that there is an issue to be looked at! So looked at we ill be and eventually we will be legislated upon and everyone in the commercial sector will encourage it because while the powers that be are looking at us they are not looking so hard at them.

However we must not accept theses daft reports without seeing the properly peer reviewed scientific evidence, and this shourld be the key counter argument in any debate about such reports

15. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

even with the chavas taking every fish they catch in the summer :embarrass: :embarrass:
    i dont think they would even be able to count such a small amount jeff