1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Angler or Total Fishing magazine?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ryanfish, Mar 29, 2008.

1. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

Which magazine do you think is best Sea Angler or Total Fishing and
    why?

i would say Sea Angler because it shows you what people are catching around the world and they
    show you some useful tips. they also sometimes show you top marks . i think it is more intresting , definetly! :cheesy:

2. every month i say i wont buy tsf as every month its dump but sea danglers ok it always seems to cover our area as well my only prob with dangler is 70 per cent of it is adverts

3. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

sea angler for me ryan ,they always have pictures in the young rods section of up and coming stars :whistle: :canadian:

4. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Sea angler for me to. TSF isn't to good i dont think and im tight fisted and don't waste 3 quid on another fishing mag haha.

5. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

i was in the young rods section in marches young rods section! :laugh: :yes:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yes Ry, you are one of the up and coming stars Bill Mentions above :wink:

7. Baramundi Bob

Sad to say I read it in Morrisons whilst our lass does the shopping, then I put it back on the shelf. Naughty I know but My interest in it lasts about 15 minutes. Nice to see local in there though and especially the youngsters like Ryan.

Does your dad still have all the back issues Ryan ? I remember a good article on Goldsborough that would have interested you.

8. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Haha thats the way to do, When ever i buy it anyway it's only to read about locals.

Good thinking Glenn going to start doing that haha.

Dan

9. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

i buy both ryan for reading whilst i'm at work.sometimes i buy boat fishing monthly as well.i have a shed full of back issues as well.

10. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

Another vote for Sea Angler mag here.

Slightly tongue in cheek but TSF have got on my nerves recently with their ongoing article following Gary Pye each month :angry:

.... Gary say's this, Gary says that, Gary cant emphasise the importance of good bait presentation enough, Gary casts this far, Gary catches us a big cod like he promised.

Why dont they just sleep with the guy and have done with it ? :embarrass:

11. ryanfish

ryanfish Ry Vasey

we saw u on way to scarbourgh glen on friday
    i was reading sea angler whilst mam nd dad went shopping.

12. Baramundi Bob

Didnt realise it was you untill you had passed Ryan :wink:. Im a bit slow. Loads of people say "We saw you in the car" but I never see them.

13. macky

macky New Member

i aint seen one over 1lb in his articles yet...lol :laugh:

14. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

Yea, you're right there Macky and I bet if he drew a blank they wouldnt print 'Gary catches nothing today' !!

I just find the whole article so irritating :no:

15. Baramundi Bob

do I take it Garry irritates you :cheesy:

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

:laugh:

17. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

what makes you think that glenn :suspious:

18. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

I'm sure he's a nice guy really :)

There, just for the benefit of everyone across the whole wide web, I've said it 'Gary is really ok'. :vomit:

19. bucko

bucko Guest

LOL, funny thing is that I left a copy of TSF in the 'office with the white throne' and my missus obviously had a peek and though she is far from up on the latest tackle, hottest brands etc said....
    "How many times can they get the 'Century' logo in that article" (the one where they were fishing some cliffs)
    I think we counted about 10 times in 6 photos.
    The rod was postioned to show it, the cap, the sweatshirt... you name it!
    All very well but, and this is of course only my opinion, commercial copy and editorial should be kept separate or at least structured in a way where branded sponsorship of said page is clear to see as opposed to what is primarily product placement.
    Just my two penneth- you learn more from this forum than either magazine anyway.

20. fishergirl

fishergirl Blenny

definitely sea angler. me n me dad (well me dad pays for it :embarrass:) get it delivered each month in the post. well worth it normally. its interesting to see what a cod looks like :cheesy: