1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Angler Magazine - Alan Yates, Angling Licence And Advertising Debate.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Captain Underpants, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Re: Sea Angler magazine

paul i may have used the wrong words in my post i will apologize if i offended you in anyway.

2. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Sea Angler magazine

I doubt it. Some nameless office worker will probably read it, chuck it in the bin then hide. Why go to the significant effort of writing a letter when first, it might not reach the intended person and second it probably won't get in your magazine anyway to provoke a reply.

Being a good mate with AY probably explains why you're on the attack but the guy hasn't done himself any favours by using a top selling product placement adzine to promote his personal and controversial views and in my opinion deserves the criticism he's getting here. You know the saying 'head above the parapet' and all that.

As for the forum and it's shy and moniker loving members, why shouldn't it or they debate SA or sea licenses here? Forums like this are a far more interactive experience than any magazine will ever be and in most cases you will at least get a reply when you go to the trouble of posting. Maybe you could get AY to sign up to this excellent forum and he could answer some of the questions as the Sea Angler forum seems to be like a morgue so he should have the time.

Regards
    Nick

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Alan yates is a very powerfull figure in sea angler magazine and he doesnt deserve personal attacks but buy screaming his desire for a sea angling licence repeatedly will beleive me put people of sea angler for life the majority of anglers in this country are against it tooth and nail and that includes myself but rememeber he is an employee of sea angler mag gets paid for writing artickles that looks like the mag is condoning what alan says the sea angling licence is very touchy amoung anglers and to see it pushed at people again and again alan will get some serious stick on forums like these to put it bluntly paul i think mell needs to have a quite word in alans ear he is winding people up if he thinks a sea angling licence will improve fish stocks he is completly wrong all you will have is pay your money for something whcih is free to all and nothing in return plus you have people looking over your shoulder and more jobs for the boys there wont be a magical fish stock explosion a reduction in commercial effort is the only way for that to happen we fought it tooth and nail with our mp to get it stopped when you see people of alans stature pumping it in the magaine its face value dissapears very fast i am sorry to say the licence thing is very controversial and i think alan would heave been better off keeping his idea of a licence to himself .

This was a day the lads had something to celibrate.
    http://www.wcsa.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/whitby-skippers-celebrate/

paul.

4. woody

woody New Member

very well put paul couldnt have put it better myself !!! i for one am put off from buying sea angler for the sea angling licence views of mr yates !!!

5. bobthedog

bobthedog Blenny

I stopped buying sea angler because I had enough of reading similar articles over and over again. We all get more cynical as we get older, don't we? As for Alan Yates, I'm no fan but we live in a democracy (I think), and the man does have a right to express his views even when the majority disagree. He is doing no more than the rest of us would by using the platform that's open to him to reach the maximum audience. What we the objectors should be doing is letting the people in power know what the majority really think by signing a petition and writing to our mp's. We can't afford to let them walk all over us on this one.

6. soservices

soservices New Member

I dont think that there would be to much of a problem with bringing in the sea fishing licence, all proceeds to go to the RNLI, you have an accident at sea and they are the people who will be there for you, it certainly wont be the government, as thats where all the funds will go to,, steve

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

If you want to give 20 quid a year to the RNLI, heres your chance.

http://www.justgiving.com/Glenn-Kilpatrick

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

if thats the route you want to take, why not have a "sea users license"! so that any person, adult or child that wants to set foot on a beach has to have one in case they need rescuing by the RNLI.

daft idea - Sea Anglers are one of the RNLI's biggest supporters but saying that they should pay for a license with funds going to the RNLI is ridiculous, while everyone else pays nowt

9. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wow ,what a can of worms this has opened up,i still think yates should keep his opinions on a sea licence to himself ,if he wants to broadcast his opinion in a mag i,ve paid for then i deserve the right to reply on the subject but not through sea angler they wouldnt print it .
    my veiws on a sea licence wont change and i will have no problems saying the same to anyone ,its my veiw.
    so come on mr yates broaden them shoulders and take it like a man.

10. frank avey

just read the post from sos services ,well done fella ,i hate the idea of a licence but if the money would all go to the rnli my cheque would be in the post,

11. soservices

soservices New Member

I visit staithes every year in april and donate to the rnli Glenn, they do a fantastic job, all i am saying is that if a licence did come into force then the monies should go to the rnli, instead of it going into the pot for all the these people who think that they are running this country,, steve

12. sea license or not i wont be renewing my subscription this year the magazine has lost all appeal.

13. Paul Fenech

Paul Fenech New Member

Good for you fella...at least you decided on a sensible reply.
    Instead of gibbering on like an old lady - you've decided to act and do something about it...good for you buddy.

14. great attitude for a employee of the magazine, glad i wont be renewing with attitudes like yours.

ill leave it there.

15. Paul Fenech

Paul Fenech New Member

My attitudes fine Mr Underpants....unlike the PM you sent me:

I don't recall criticising anyone....????

16. woody

woody New Member

this is better than corrie lmfao

17. Paul Fenech

Paul Fenech New Member

You're right there....this thread has gone drastically down hill - so in the words of the dragons:

"I'm out!"

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Sorry Paul Fenech, regardless of the content of a 'personal message' it is still a personal message and not for publishing on the open forum, if you have a problem with a'pm' received please contact one of us mods.

Please also everyone, keep it constructive without the thread falling into a load of personal insults.

Regards Ken

19. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Would be nice if you hung around Paul and contributed some of your angling stories. Im sure the lads would enjoy reading them.

20. frank avey

would be glad to read any articles mr fenech wanted to put on the site,i,m sure we all like to go over a good days fishing whoever had it.
    people who take time out to help others with advice ,venues ,bait ect have my highest regards and theres numerous people on this and other sites who do a fantastic job unpaid might i add,you have my thanks.
    the articles done by jellyworm stand out in there quality and show the effort that has been put into them.
    the forums info far outshines the few decent articles in sea angler so after being a sea angler subscriber for years i am now an ex sea angler fan, long live the forum.