1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scupper pro tw angler

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by speno, Dec 29, 2008.

1. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well finaly went for it and ordered it hope its the right choice been thinking about it for a while now and after reading a few posts on here think its the one for me.Hope im right was going to leave it till later in the year to get one but seen there was 15% off them at brighton canoes so only £407 so went for it. This also gives me more time to rig it out hopefully with the help of a few of you on here as i don t have a clue. Am hoping that when i get sorted and weather picks up i can tag along with someone that no what thare doing would be glad of the help to get me started.But for now any help on riging it out what i need and how to fix things to it would be a big help no a lot will have been covered before so sorry to be a pain and thanks for the help :happy:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice one Speno. What a quality price that is. Hopefully Dav will see your post as I know hes looking. I think you wont be stuck for company but if you are then drop us a pm anytime.

Dont forget a waterproof camera case with your savings so we can all share in your future voyages.

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,m sure you,ve made a good choice speno. Have you any desire in taking it out in winter or are you saving it for summer?

4. speno

Cheers ramrod think i will wait till the weather picks up a bit first mate before my fist trip want to try getting in and out a bit just in case i do fall in want to no i can get back in.Think that will be better in the warmer weather.Plus will take me a while to get all the other stuff i need.

5. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Ok mate, you,ll be able to choose your gear at leisure then. There,s a thread on here at the moment with advice on the saftey equipment which you have probably read already. Tackle wise you don,t need anything too fancy and there,s some good bargains to be had in the shops at the moment if you have any money left :whistle: Also some good 2nd hand gear which is probably the better option imo. It should be well pimped up by the time the nice weather arrives :cheesy: Many of the topics which are of interest to you can be found via the search button regarding the seat, anchor trolly, paddle's, fish finders etc but feel free to ask questions even if they have been discussed before. There,s a few other members who are also in the early stages of a life in the yak so it will be of interest to them too. In the meatime have fun stroking, and sitting in it in anticipation :wink: :happy:

6. speno

Can't wait for it to get here mate and when it does it will be getting a good stroking i can tell you. thanks for the help :happy:

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Mmmm brighton canoes,,,,, will have to have an investigate .....

8. shammy

shammy New Member

i bought the scupper pro back in sept nice kayak feels tippy when you first get in it compared to big game i had, only problem with it is short on space i need to think of a storage solution for easy reach,

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Shammy , when you say the scupper pro feels tippy , is it actually tippy or does it just feel it .....? cheers

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Could be something to do with the big game being like a cross channel ferry Dav. I reckon once you paddled it youd be fine. Lindisfarne commented on this before. Cant remember what he said but it was something like "Although it feels tippy its probably more stable than most of the others" Then he said something about putting his neck on the line.

There are a few posts about the scupper pro and some good info within them. Might be worth a bit of reading.

I think you guys will enjoy the scupper

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah cheers glen , like you say ive heard a few good reports about the scupper pro`s like .....bloody cross channel ferry :laugh: :laugh:, they are wide boys them big games ant they ,
    The reason i am picking at things is because i want to know im doing the right thing glen in going for the scupper . . cheers anyway glen......

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Dav I reckon they will be a good choice for you and Gary, especially if you are deciding to fish light most of the time. I would certainly get one for the type of fishing I intend doing ie flat seas light tackle and a bit of paddling time.

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah cheers ray ,
    Evereytime i read a review on the scupper pro , they say its an ideal yak for bays, rivers and flat sea`s . i know i will only be fishing in it in flat sea`s but how often does the sea get up when ure out on them , this is what is getting me thinking , I reckon its the yak i am gona go for tho ......Thanks

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

To be honest dav they will probably be the better yak to have if the sea does pick up as they will cut through it better than a prowler. Don,t worry too much about certain senario's as it wlii all become much clearer when you.re out there and of the worst comes to the worst just beach it. The sea picks up and drops all the time with the winds in summer but it would have to pick up considerably to stop you getting back, it,s not as if you are going too far so don't dwell on it too much. As I said earlier a bit of common and you won't go wrong.

15. newdave

newdave Guest

what i have notice with the narrower yaks is that the motion is faster in all ways, ie if you rock it, it moves quicker hence the tippy feel, the good thing is due to the low centre of balance it will go a lot further over before it actually tips & is in fact very stable.

It very difficult to tell someone what they want from a yak as we are all a bit different, there is no perfect kayak so the more speed & performance you get, the less space & comfort for fishing. my personal view is that the likes of the big game etc are just too heavy & slow, the prowlers are a good all round yak with moderate performance and easy to fish from. The Dorado is at the top end performance wise, with the scupper pro close behind, the Dorado will carry a lot more gear for fishing but with some planning you can get all you need in a scupper. where the scupper really scores is in price, & for someone who is just starting out i would think its a great choice.

The other alternative of course is a second hand p13 complete with fishfinder & kitted ready to go, I know someone who just might have one of those :wink:

16. Dav

Dav Rockling

Who might that be dave ? :happy:

17. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

:cheesy: he,s got his foot in the door now Dav :laugh:

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Im not easily lead astray ramrod :whistle:.
    How much like dave and what comes with the kit ,,,,, :cheesy: :cheesy:

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Could be something to do with the big game being like a cross channel ferry Dav.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I just spilt me coffee :laugh:

Don't hesitate in a buying a scuppa pro guys, all the southern lads are flogging everything they got - p13s, Elites, Dorados.......to buy these yaks

Novices are jumping stright into them with no worries and as I say a lot of the southern big guns are now using them as there no 1 yak . . . similar in a lot of ways to a Dorado but at quarter the price . . . so why do I still want a Dorado :crazy:

Ken

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'm actuall y very tempted by a scupper pro at that price. anyone want to buy a P13?