1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCUPPER PRO TW ANGLER by OCEAN KAYAK

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by shammy, Sep 3, 2008.

1. shammy

shammy New Member

does anyone no of any reviews for the SCUPPER PRO TW ANGLER? as i'm need some thing a bit lighter then my big game and i find it hard work on the water
    cheers wayne

2. robq

robq Rockling

The scupper pro is supposed to be a very fast Yak much more suited to long distance paddling than the prowlers. The downsides are that is not quite as stable and can be quite a wet ride if you are a bigger chap !!

This is not based on my experience but from information that I gathered on various sites and forums when I was considering what yak to get last year.

If you are less than 13st and dont mind a damp backside they sound like a good choice to me Shammy

3. shammy

shammy New Member

last time me and my brother went out a few weeks ago we got caught out in a strong head wind and swell and with the tide against us aswell we found it very hard work to get any where :scare: just need somthing a bit easier and faster and pretty stable, don't mind the wet ride

4. robq

robq Rockling

Thats exactly why I am upgrading to the dorado mate, after being caught out off hornsea a few weeks back :scared: :scared:

5. newdave

newdave Guest

have a look at lindisfarnes, comments in this post shammy, i have ordered a Dorado, but the other option was a scupper pro. we have all pretty much come to the same conclusion that you can really struggle if you get caught out with wind & tide, even a rain squall can be a problem if you are well offshore.

6. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

I paddle a Scupper Pro, they are a good sea going kayak.. The cockpit space is limited but only if you have very long legs. I'm 6' 2" and 15 stone "ish" and it fits me fine. It is a wet ride but no wetter than my Dorado or any of the proper kayaks with low set seats. As for stability, that's a difficult one. I'll put my neck on the line and state that it is more stable than a P13, elite or BGP. Not primary but secondary stability. Jump in the seat, and for the first few minutes it will feel "tippy" that feeling soon fades and you will start to get a feel of it's true stability.

Great boat for the money and you'll leave the p13's and BGP's standing still.. :wink:

Scupper pro on Sunday tackling a bit of Clapotis off the Cliffs at Eyemouth...

[​IMG]

Neil

7. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

i now exactly what my next kayak is going to be i rung the place were i got my prowler p 13 from 3 months ago to the day ive ordered a scupper pro the fella said it will be a couple of weeks i now quint ,spawney ,robq and jellyworm have all got or getting darados but i like to be different so when it comes i will be selling my prowler p13
    cheers ian

8. shammy

shammy New Member

cheers lads now just go to sell my big game.

9. newdave

newdave Guest

I think you have succeeded Taff :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

That was a scary sea that blew from nowhere.....yes the p13 and elite 4.5 coped but it was bloody difficult and bordering on dangerous riding the cross swells.....the coastgaurd thought we had asked for a tow at one point !!

Well I don t care what colour Dorado.......ordered the next mk11 coming into the country which I think is orange and white......not bothered at all by clour just performance !!

Bring it on.......pleased the bike sold quickly might even get the Dorado in time for some autumn sessions on it......those inshore wrecks are beckoning ....yheehaa.

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Look what youve caused Neil. There will be lots of Prowlers and Tridents up for sale now, including mine :cheesy:

12. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

Oops ! :embarrass:

13. Baramundi Bob

:cheesy: :laugh:

14. robq

robq Rockling

You will be lucky mate as I am told that there is no stock of MK11s yet and all orders are being made from scratch !! :tease: :tease:

Don't be thinking that you can jump the queue in Front of spawney Bass and me :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

15. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Dave, you may be better with the normal Dorado rather than the oversized one as it will probably fit you better, plus I'm not sure what stock Simon has got - he just may have one in this country now :wink: .

16. newdave

newdave Guest

not sure about that Ken, if he puts as much weight on this winter as he did last, he will need the extra wide seating area :laugh: :laugh: :kiss:

17. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

You cheeky tw*t.......isn't it about time you flew south again !

18. Baramundi Bob

:laugh: :laugh:

19. Baramundi Bob

Im really envious of "New Bass Spawney blkoody Dave". Spends all summer fishing whenever he wants then goes to the other side of the world to mix with scantily clad bikini girls all winter, and has the cheek to call it work.

Spawney Bass...d :cheesy: :cheesy: :laugh: :laugh: