1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scotland Fishing Trip, June 2013

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Jul 2, 2013.

1. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Just back from a few days up in Scotland, as usual staying at my mate Johns house in Aberdeen.

The trip started on Wednesday when I stopped off in the Arbroath area for a few hours.

Juicy Crab baits were chucked out and it wasnt long before the bites came

[​IMG]

Fishing was good , with 7 codling and 2 coalies to show for about 3 hours fishing

[​IMG]

Nothing big, the biggest being 3lb 12oz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Scenery here really is stunning

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thursday came and we thought that the conditions for some kayak fishing were going to be good, but despite there being no wind, some north easterly swell came down and made it a bit snotty and coloured the water up, meaning no fish at all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We decided to head off shore fishing but again drew a blank due to the conditions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Friday brought heavy rain so we opted for some fly fishing at a local fishery, and we caught a few trout

By Saturday the Swell had died down and gave us a first opportunity to fish my favourite mark near aberdeen. The fish were there and having the crab baits but we couldn't get a touch on the lures, while the water appeared to be clearing it wasnt crystal so maybe thats why. we caught a few codling and a single pollack on crab

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On Sunday I headed down to Arbroath to fish an open match, and met up with some of the St Marys lads that were on there annual club trip to Arbroath. I managed 3 cod in the match, losing several more to the heavy ground, but didn't get anywhere in the match, which was won with 20kg of pollack! Big well done to Dale Miller of St Marys who got heaviest cod and also came 2nd in heaviest bag

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My last day, Monday came around all too quickly and we spent the day fishing lures trying for codling and pollack but it was very hard going. I couldn't get a thing on bigger lures, and the only thing I could catch on was mackerel feathers. I got 4 pollack , including a double shot, 3 mackerel and 3 coalies. Still it was nice to be out and catching a few before the long drive home

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the report and pictures :yes:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quality report and pics there Matty. I'll take another look when I get my laptop back as viewing on a phone is a nightmare. May try up there myself this summer.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

3. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice write up and great pictures Matty. Looks an awesome place to fish.

Nick

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A good read and some lovely pictures, well done Matty , we will be sorting those cod out this weekend up at Arbroath it looks all set with the weather , fingers crossed

5. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

lots of fish around the arbroath area Alan :yes: it was a bite a chuck at rumness on the ebb

6. andym

andym Rockling

great pics matty enjoyed reading that

7. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

Brilliant pictures and enthralling report Matty. That orange kayak against the big blue sky and sea is fantastic. I like your crab bait, if I'd seen that I'd have eaten it myself!

8. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

awesome stuff matty, such a beautiful place Scotland around the coast and also good fishing to be had.
    well done mate!

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

well done Matty great report & pictures

10. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

looks like you had a good holiday well done jeff

11. rupert

rupert Blenny

Brilliant clarity and detail on the close up photos.

Great report.

12. congerball

congerball Blenny

Good report and stunning photos. It makes such a difference when there's a few photos to look at...and a good read too, something I'm going to try a bit harder at. Thanks for posting

13. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Sounds like you had a great time up there Matty thanks for posting a cracking report and pics.

14. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

there MUST be bass there on that ground ,superb pics matty

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

Hi Matty, Glad you had a great trip and caught a few fish, superb photos as always.. Good to see John enjoying the fishing too...

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

canny report Matty , and some cracking good photo,s ,it has wet my whistle for The Mulll next month,

17. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

Nice one matty.cant wait for my trip over the border tomorrow :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

18. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Quality report mate, really enjoyed the pics

19. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Great report Matty looks nice up there mate

20. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Thanks for taking the time to write such a good report with great pics, Matty.

Looked a good trip.