1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Christmas plays

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by craig t, Dec 8, 2011.

1. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well its that time of year when us parents get to watch our offspring try there had at a bit of amateur dramatics,so with two half days at work booked in off we went.
    Tuesday was my four year old little lads turn he was playing a shepherd with the obligatory tea towel on his head all started off well the out of tune carols and missed lines bringing smiles throughout the audience but as four year olds do they get bored so in the fifteen min production my son stood and stretched and yawned,picked his nose and eat it and groped himself and then broke down in tears i was so proud as the wife said just like his father.
    Wedensday was the turn of my 6 year old twin girls for the last fornight weve listened to them recite their lines and practise there songs. So the show began once again the fluffed lines out of tune songs brought smiles and giggles and my girls sat at oppisite ends of the stage waiting to say their lines that was until some little turd pushed Sophie off her seat i saw her face change from beaming angel to sad embarrssed little girl we could see the tears coming but she got up and did her thing and god was i proud so she sat down and broke into tears.
    Alices turn came round and she was faultless loud and clear she was allways going to be very much the diva always performing.
    I really enjoyed both shows and the kids really do themselves proud at these things cant wait for next year.

2. metal micky

metal micky Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

we've all been there,both as parents and participants.enjoy while you can.

i only have 2,one 43 and one 31.they can both put on a good act,woe is me etc.

wait till they get to thier teens,they won't break into tears.

it will be you.

3. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Soooo true,enjoy the golden year's while you can it doesn't last long,there's an old saying....kid's break your arms when when they'er babies n break your heart's when they grow up...spot on :yes: