1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarborough Summer Fishing (with pics)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by wellycod, Aug 10, 2014.

1. wellycod

wellycod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Not posted a report for a while, mainly due to a lack of fish, but just back from an excellent couple of days fishing at scarborough with my dad.

Day 1, my dad fished the marine drive on his own (I was stuck at work). In a mixture of sunshine and thundery showers he caught Pollock up to 7lbs with the average stamp of fish in the 2lb bracket. All fish caught on float fished sandeel.

Day 2, back on the drive again, more Pollock up to the 4lb mark with the average fish 1-2lbs. A variety of methods produced this time, with fish falling to sandeels, jellys and spinners.

Day 3, an early start and tough walk down to ravenscar. Greeted by a pair of peregrine falcons and a seal, expectations were high of some decent Pollock fishing. Unfortunately the double figure Pollock we were after never materialised. Plagued by mackerel it was tough to get any bait, or lure through the decent sized shoals. No doubt there are decent pollock to be caught here, just not on this day!
    Back to the marine drive for an afternoon session and more Pollack up to 4lbs.

All in all an excellent couple of days fishing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. robq

robq Rockling

Nice report and pics :)

blea wyke is a long drag for a few mackerel :eek:

However I do like wrasse on UL tackle though so I bet that made up for it :)

3. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report thanks; what were you catching the wrasse on?

4. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice report,

also nice to see other areas potential for some light float fishing.

blea wyke area fantastic massive shoals of mackerel during the 60,s

used to look like a great oil slick, down to heben wyke , viewed from

raven hall /staitondale cliff tops.

5. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good report lads, cracking few trips

6. MOTLLEY22

MOTLLEY22 New Member

Cracking pics them, looks like you had a great time.
    Well done, some nice fish there.
    Mart