1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCARBOROUGH SEA FISHING - Marine Drive Match

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by quint, Nov 18, 2008.

1. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Bit short notice but there's a pegged match (lamp post numbers) on the drive tonight run by Pete Dunn, meet between 6 - 6.30 at Toll House, weigh in at Anglers Club by 10.30, £6 in, all monies in prizes, don't forget your ladder

[​IMG]

2. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Marine Drive Match

ladder!???? :nerd:

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You need a small ladder of about 8ft or so to get from the wall down onto the rock armour below steveevo.

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

Just had a call from a pal fishing this match,apparently Ray Mad has just got an absolute pig,they are saying 18-20lb :scared: :surprise: ... tight lines

5. baza

baza New Member

he must be making up for not winning the whitby open. i hope its right

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Blimey. Im buzzin . hope the pics follows soon ...... :yes:

7. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

flippin heck thats a reet pig if its true. I was in the company of 2 pig hunters on sunday wasnt I!

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

It's 100% confirmed so my source tells me :surprise: tight lines

9. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Carnt wait to see the pic, with all the effort and commitment Ray puts into his fishing its a well deserved catch, well done mate :happy:

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

It was a pegged match and I was drawn next to Ray, we both agreed to help each other if we got a decent fish - well after 10 minutes I could see Ray strike into fish and started pumping, he shouted over and I ran and started to fly down the acropods as fast as I could, I got in line with Rays line so hopefully the fish would come to where I was standing, about 30 yards out the fish went to ground but Ray manged to get it moving again, there was a slight swell lifting at the base so it's very difficult, I could see the line now coming very near but the fish had not surfaced, it was still down deep, at the base the fish moved to the right so I had to scurry over, I got hold of the leader and started to pull, I felt a fair weight and it kicking, I was expecting an 8lber or something but when I saw it I said "f@@k me it's massive!", and I really didn't want to be responsable for this beast!, it was damn hard to steer in to where I wanted it and of course it didn't want to play ball, at one time the line went slack and I shouted "It's off!" but luckily it wasn't, I was just about to do a Micheal Phelps when good old Pete Dunn appeared and managed to cuff it at the first attempt - absolutley ace, a prime pig that weighed just over 19lb, I'm sure photos to follow, Ray also had 3 smaller mops to weigh in a total of 28lb, needless to say he cleaned up - well done Ramrod

11. trickie999

trickie999 New Member

well done ray cant wait to see this one

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Iain,s pretty much summed up what happened, just pleased he and Pete were there to assist me as it wasn't too well hooked. I only decided to go when I saw Iains post earlier and saw what was on telly :ugly: Got a couple of pics on my phone just after it was caught and will download them later. Cheers Ray.

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Dreamfishing Ray. Really well done mate. Respect.

14. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Hats off to you Ray. Nice fish, keep up the good work.
    Regards Col.

15. skl

skl Blenny

Well done Ray....... Me and my lad smelt the scent of a few big fish and had a chuck last night only to be rewarded with copious amounts of rockling.

16. paulg

paulg New Member

Fantastic fish,well done.

17. cloughton cod

cloughton cod New Member

well done ray... nice to see another piggy come out..pete run's down them pods like no one else and just the man to pick him up for you.

regards phil.

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You can say that again Phil. Iain was guiding it in and Pete ran down at the speed of light and gilled it in a flash, no messing!

19. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

well done ray very nice fish
    cheers ian

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done ray, awesome fish, well deserved mate