1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarborough Rock Anglers win Bell Trophy

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Capt Caves Man, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Capt Caves Man

Capt Caves Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The Scarborough Rock Anglers won the Bell trophy today with 4lb plus average.

The winning team included Dave Gyte, Dave Bielby, Tom Bielby, Matt Hillaby, Ray Maddison and one other.

Veteren Tom Bielby had the heaviest fish of the day with a cod of just over 8lb.

Adrian Colling took the heaviest bag with 12lb.

Club sweep winners included :

Rocks hbag D Gyte hfish T Bielby
    South Cliff H Bag D Gyte hfish D Gyte
    Cloughton hbag M Thomas hfish M Thomas
    Filey hbag A Colling hbag A Colling
    Whitby h bag N Inglis
    Whitby Bass Club hfish F Trueman Heaviest Flatfish dean Clews

Around 115 fished the match with 58 weighing in mainly codling in the 1 to 2lb bracket.

There was quite an amount of east sea which if anything increased during the with some colour and generally overcast conditions.

Most venues produced fish the more productive being Jacksons Bay, Marine Drive, Cayton and Gristhorpe.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Cheers for the update mate, nice to see such a good turn out and a lot of people catching fish.

Niel Ingliss was telling me he managed 7 from Cayton Bay, and at one point had 2 codlings on a pennel rig which suggest a decent amount of fish in that area.

I have a few pictures of the event i will post up soon.

3. hilsey

hilsey Blenny

Looks like a half decent weigh in. Saw lots of people out fishing. Was rammed on most of the obvious marks!