1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarborough MARINE DRIVE MATCH 19TH JAN

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ducky, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:laugh: :laugh: Thanks Alain.......Cheers Glenn, I'm in at 07.45am, shouldn't take long, just a small job :whistle:
    Good luck with the match Clifftoprunner, I hope there's plenty of fish.
    Regards Ian.

2. sheep

sheep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Me and my mate are planning on coming Clifftoprunner.

3. bucko

bucko New Member

I'll be there!

Ducky- is BC's staying open a bit later tomorrow?
    Could do with some more lead.

4. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Me and my mate are coming !!!

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Right lads. At bills there is no electric due to water in the mains onto the meter.
    So if your wanting bait or leads please call today.
    So call lads and we will get you sorted if we can. But no electric its hard lads.

6. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

have not fished drive for years ,can you fish from the railings as before or do you get down on the rocks as it looks a bit of a scramble and is it safe to do so in darkness.

7. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

There are no railings any more just a wall with a 7 foot drop to the rocks. A ladder is a good idea.

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I havent got a ladder im hoping i am near someone who has one and will let me use it!

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Likewise- but I'll see if anyone has one tonight.

Question about Marine Drive though- I'm just looking at a 360 view of it and are those steps leading down maybe 100yds to the left of the cafe?

10. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

There call tunnle steps. You can get onto the rocks that way but its a good wall round over the rocks. Some people are able to jump down but i am not one of them. Lol. The back of the wall is concave so it makes it a pain in the ass.

11. bucko

bucko New Member

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

i dont have a problem jumping down , its climbing back over I have a problem with!

13. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

You would Matty as your only 2ft 2, 7ft is massive. Lol.
    Will look when i get home buckm? And see if i have any pictures but got a new lap top and most are on my old one.
    Once your down its not to bad really you can normally find some where for your gear. But i find it far better to cast off the path. Due to me been pants at casting. But most people cart from the rocks and acropods on problem.

14. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

now then lads just got in from work. should be a few ladders down there tomo nite. i,ll be taking mine and anyone near me welcome to use it no problem, all lads who have them will say same so don,t worry if you can,t bring one with you. pete.

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

LMAO..............

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

you need talk short arse!

17. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

now now short people calm down. there will be all kind of shapes and sizes fishing, even old people like people over 30 :laugh: :whistle: :butt:

18. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well i,m the big 40 and i jump down and climb back over without ladder ... so think ducky will have to be on ladder duty for nite if he can,t :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

19. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes pete. But you do nothing all day so you can. I make sinkers for all the anglers to throw in the sea. Lol.
    And pete i never, ever say no to a pie.
    Weather at scarborough for people travelling. Flat sea. Cold. No wind yet. At 8am

20. ziggy

ziggy luv it fishing

can anyone go back to the anglers club for the way in or do you have to have fished or be a member of the club