1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scarborough last night

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by faraday, Mar 15, 2017.

1. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

virtually no sea running last night, as i thought it would be a pretty hopeless event i decided to fish a mark i havent visited since the late 80's - scalby nab end
    had no choice to fish the ebb as it is a low water mark, arrived late - an hour before low water which i now wish i had arrived 2 hours before.
    Tripod up, first black worm bait 80yds out on a 5/0 circle via 60lb braid, couple of minutes later observed a small rattle followed by a series of good pulls...fish on...
    Lifted fish and started reeling only to feel where i was fishing, and it was very rough kelp beds, snagged up hard - gave it a bit of a pull but jammed - due to no swell i had used a plain lead - gave line a bit of slack until i felt fish bolt and restarted winding in as fish had pulled me out of the snag.
    eventually weaved through the kelp heads to reveal a nice 4lber at my feet.

rebaited and chucked out again, ebbing fast, it was revealed i was fishing right into the thick of it, looked like a scene from day of the triffids in front of me lol.

Next bait again had a small rattle and a little pull down, waited but nothing, brought it back in 15 min later less the lead and the 18lb rotter.
    Low water now and next two baits produced nowt, fished another bait for 20min into the flood but nowt doing so packed up.
    Very eerie place to be, will fish it again looking for somewhat cleaner / easier ground as its a big place. seen rods, headlights there over the years but where exactly to fish is the quizzing question.
    On way back as it was low water ish i looked at a couple of high water marks i usually fish to reveal i have drifted off the marks over the years and should have been 40yds north !
    Rod, sonik sk3, penn 525 mag2 / 60lb braid

17265251_10211339725662951_5580318442814016792_n.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

excellent report, thank you.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Good report mate, nice to get one out

• Like Like x 1
  4. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good detail well done enjoy your supper

• Like Like x 1
  5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Looks a good fish that. Well done, and I hope you get a few more before hanging up your gear.

• Like Like x 1
  6. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

plenty of worms in it ! i dont hang my winter gear up Davo - i fish all year round tbh.

7. basha

basha Blenny

result fella,aint gonna moan at that,few and far btween at the mo.

• Like Like x 1