1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarborough Fishing Festival 2013 - Starts This Saturday ( 21st Sept )

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Capt Caves Man, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Well done to everyone taking part, especially well done to Phil and Dave...good skills. 8)

2. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Just as a side issue, anyone on here fishing Ommerill hole yesterday ? We were Castle Chambers but was watching the aerial overhead bombing ! It looked a bit tight fishing bottoms with someone on cliff above....was it ? :eek:

3. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Yes it was, we not only had to keep a watchful eye on the swells and where to cast, but had to dodge the odd codling been wrestled out of the sea and come hurtling towards us, we had the same with the odd rockling but these went down as well as up :eek: I wish I brought my climbing helmet as the fish going up the cliff caused quite a bit of shraknel to come down

4. ndgough

ndgough www.sbac.webs.com - Scarborough boat Angling Club

here is some of the photos i managed to take while fishing the boat competitions.

Martin Eves with a 21lb 6oz Ling (unGutted)
    [​IMG]

the Queensferry travelling to the Weigh in on the 21st
    [​IMG]

Mark Beaumont recieving the Vice Admiral of Yorkshire Coast Challenge Trophy.[​IMG]

Predator fishing wrecks of Scarborough
    [​IMG]

Me Presenting the prizes on behalf of the Scarborough Boat Angling Club, Which was a very good prizes table and everyone who weighed in got a prize.
    [​IMG]

just cant wait until next year..

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I nearly hopped round for a chuck in there Iain but it looked a bit tight so didn 't bother :eek:

6. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

any one any thoughts on the two week gap separating the festivals this year.its the first time ive ever known it,is it a good idea?

7. Capt Caves Man

Capt Caves Man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I think it is and I would like to to see an even bigger gap. Heard a bit of talk about having a festival in July? Any views on this ?

8. DJG

DJG Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The two week gap worked well this year with anglers able to have a rest and gather some more bait. as for moving the scarborough festival to july why, there's no more bait available in july the main peel has come and gone, sometimes more fish but not always, and in july a lot of anglers have to go on holidays with there family ::) and for me july would be a nightmare trying to get time off work. cheers dave.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!