1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scarborough Angling Festival

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by gwyn, Aug 26, 2009.

1. langy

langy Rockling

Any 1 no who won today ???

2. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

I,ve heard the northen lads had a good day.

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

all iknow i did not a bite on the drive

4. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

just spoke to my contact whos at the club now,he says the young lad from york who fishs with his dad has won,i must say ,i'm rather pleased ,it couldnt of happened to a nicer lad .not many more people will have walked as many miles in the festivals as these two lads ,he'll remember this the rest of his life ,bet his dads chuffed too . apparently about 35 rods down bemo and about 5 fish caught,he had 2 of them ,a 5 and 4 pounder well done . :happy: :happy:

5. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Heard only 20 weighed in , won with an 8lb bag from Birdash. .......My mum said gambling was a fools game....I gambled on Ravenscar and had a fools bag of 7 wrasse...lol......well done to those who weighed in on a very hard All England day......1 fish for 4lb came off The drive by Geoff Walker one of the Northern raiders.

6. MFC

MFC Blenny

i think mark smith had biggest fish 8lb

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes very difficult day today not many cod about at all, the young lad who won he was further on than Birdash and he walked on so got his reward for his efforts,,WELL DONE.. :cool:

Mark Smith was 2nd i think with a 8lb fish.. :cool:

I just got the one codling from Birdash, lots of rods and very few fish at Bempton today.. :sad:

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done to the lad who won but overall it sounds pretty grim. God knows what the forthcoming winter season will be like. I hope some fish arrive from somewhere.

9. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Lets all us shore anglers pray for sum decent seas this winter or it will be hard work :yes:
    Well done everyone who weighed in today on a very poor tide :yes:

10. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Steve Kendall's lad, absolute fantastic for the lad, as Bill says they both have put a lot of time in down there and spent a lot of hours watching others pull out fish, but he's done it in the big one, again I'm just repeating what Bill has already said but they are a very likeable father and son team - very well done, enjoy the moment :cool:

11. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

A massive well done fella......................

12. glassback

glassback Blenny

an excellent day for the young lad ,a day he wont forget they have put a lot of time in down there in both festivals .well done to all the organisers for a nother excellent festivals ,even though its been hard finding fish .istill enjoyed it .time for a rest now ,thats it for birdash for another year,i hope better say well done to mark as well or he wont tell me what a icasaurus is .bet he never saw a bite he will of bee to busy fossilling :laugh:

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Bloody fantastic the youngster getting it sorted :yes: the tide weather and conditions were not to good for a good days fishing ,so well done to all who managed a fish or two :wink:

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

well done to the lad :yes: :yes:

glad it was not just me that found the going hard, well now the festival is gone only a few days till the winter matches start, roll on the big seas and thursday.

well done to all that fished today

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Sunday - All England

1 M.Kendall 8 13 12
    2 M.Smith. 8 0 8
    3 A.Cass. 7 4 0
    4 D.Medd. 6 0 6
    5 P.Westmorland. 5 9 4
    6 A.Barmby. 5 8 2
    7 M.Williams. 5 4 2
    8 C.Scaife 4 10 10
    9 P.Arliss. 4 10 4
    10 J.Walker. 4 9 14

Fished 135 Weighed in 23

16. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

very well done its nice to see a young man coming good === congratulations

17. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Little cod. Luke won the juniors. Well done to him

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah very well done to the young lad who won and to anyone that weighed in . i think i landed on wrasse hole ......i hate bemmo..... :cheesy:

19. chopper

chopper New Member

now then Andy(glassback),actually i was paying full attention to my rod for a change :tease:.i think you mean a 'codosaurus' - its a fish that used to frequent our waters many years ago,cant imagine where they have all gone :suspious:.

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done Mark... :cool:

Yes the cod were very scarce indeed.... Maybe in the future the match might be called... The All England Wrasse Championship.. :embarrass:

Were have the cod gone... :confused: