1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scaling Dam Opens To Anglers This Weekend

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Not sure if anyone botheres with the trout fishing locally. Some of you might be interested in This:

Full Report Here :

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/angling/tm_headline=scaling-the-heights-for-new-campaign%26method=full%26objectid=18734432%26siteid=109975-name_page.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Acko

Acko Rockling

I go to Scaling Dam every year around this time. Its usually when the cod drop off and before the Maccarel show up.
    I do it because I need my fishing FIX.
    I think this year however it will be different? Seeing as the Shore Cod failed to show at all and Global warming will make the maccarel probably be a different species altogether?
    Maybe genetically modified robot trout might be a good alternative?
    Ive fished at Scaling once or twice for the past 5 yrs in springtime Its a lovely day out and its fun.
    Costs about 20 quid but I think its worth it.
    Im planning on doing it this spring at least once. Has anyone else tried it? I aint got no fresh water gear I just use my spinning gear and light 8 or 10lb trace line. Most I ever caught was 4 rainbows around 1.5lb each. Great fun tho.

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

Oh yeah I forgot
    The best thing about scaling is you can get a Taxi there for about 8 quid. Lovely day, nice spring sunshine. A picnic and a few beers. Between 4 of ya a great day out without worrying about driving home.
    Give it a try. I love Scaling. Its a Great days fishing.

4. Baramundi Bob

My Skill of blanking seems to be very evident at Scaling. 5 Outings and All I've had is 5 trout - all on the first time there. My neighbour goes all the time and catches his full bag and returns others.

5. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

take a few hundred yds of gill net with you glenn ;)

6. Baramundi Bob

;D ;D ;D

Nice Idea Tim. Have you any spare ?

7. Baramundi Bob

My neighbour went yesterday and had 4 Rainbow trout whilst his dad managed 8.

8. Acko

Acko Rockling

Im planning on a day up Scaling soon over the next few weeks. Gonna try and get there in some decent weather and make a day of it.
    Just wondering if anyone else fancies giving it a go? If so post on here about it and We can set a date? I need my fishing FIX lol

9. steerser

steerser Blenny

was up there on monday just for a walk, saw loads of fish caught, mainly on fly.