1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scaling dam 15/03/09

Discussion in 'Go Go Gadgets Pics' started by go go gadget, Mar 16, 2009.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

[​IMG]

6 fish i kept. all on maggot feeder.

missed loads of bites but they seem to have stocked some very small fish this year, some just pushing a pound so that might be why they were finicky biters. The biggest one might have pushed 4lb if it was in good condition but it was full of eggs and quite thin.

tightlines

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Good start to the season dan

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Probably one of the only good days of the season harry, seemed very poor this year, with only 1-3 fish a session

4. squidward

squidward Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

there's too many pike in there now last time i went i targeted them and had 3 biggest was only about three
    pound but big enough to damage a fair size trout. there's a couple in there over 20lb.

5. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I know brilliant is'nt that theres goos quality piking within an east travel distance and not bad priced too

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

not too sure about too many pike mate. I doubt the piek have much effect on the trout stocks in there + it is stocked every week. Last year it was the wind and bright days that were against us

7. squidward

so they say. every time ive been i have seen a few pike dan cant seem to get away from them.

8. brian carragher

Well you won't will you if you're deliberatly fishing for them

9. squidward

i meant when i've been trout fishing

10. bucko

bucko New Member

Are you spinning for trout?

11. squidward

no just on worms

12. brian carragher

I dare say that the pike that hit your worms do so when you're reeling in, theres a hellova lot of pike caught at scaling by trout anglers either using power bait in its various colours or worm anglers when retrieving their gear at speed and the pike just go for a moving target, natural instinct just kicks in and they have a go

Plenty of pike caught to lure anglers or bait anglers who do fish for them

13. bucko

bucko New Member

Very true Brian- I remember fishing at Topcliffe some years ago and the jacks were going mad for the worms as we were retrieving it.
    As a footnote though I would have thought the 20lb+ pike in there will soon thin out the smaller jacks.

14. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

true ian, there are some HUGGGGGGGGGGGEEE fish in there. There was a dead one a few year back full of roe that would have been well over 20 lb