1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scaling dam 05/07/08

Discussion in 'Go Go Gadgets Pics' started by go go gadget, Jul 7, 2008.

1. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Fished scaling yesterday,
    Started off very poor weather wise but it brightened up around 3, only had one fish by this point and feeling like it was a wasted trip so my friend, who was fishless decided on a move from the whitby end of the dam to the muddy beach near the bay

Well this is when it got interesting...

I stayed where i was and just happened to glance over and saw him pulling a fish in, so i decided to wander over, by the time i got there he had had 3. one a cast! so i got casted straight out and hooked a fish within 2 minuites and this hectic sport carried on for 2 hours with lots of bites and another fish for me and 3 more for my friend.
    I also lost 2 at the net and missed countless bites, all the fish fell to powerbait or PB with worm

[​IMG]
    MY three fish

[​IMG]

My friends 5, he also released one that wasnt deeply hooked

all in all a good day :cheesy:
    I also found something that may be of some interest to you pike anglers

[​IMG]

saw this when i was walking to the new spot, just goes to show that there are some big pike in there. :yes:

2. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Scaling dam

Never knew there was pike in there!!
    do you know if your allowed to target them? or is it still exclusivley trout fishing?

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

£10.50 for days piking

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sounds like it wmight be worth a shot, heard anything about how prolific they are in there?

5. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

there arent tonnes of them but they are there. Go up to 25+lb too