1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sandsend tonight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Jun 25, 2017.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

fished car park well sheltered probably some 8 rods out
    catching flatties on mix of baits maccy strip squid blac lug
    guy came in on kayak been fishing bay he had cod and maccy was cooking them when we left

• Like Like x 1
  2. basha

basha Blenny

nice one john.
    arnt you off to scotland soon???.

wk come thursday when we'r up there.been concentrating on the bules so not been out apart from odd time for the maccy.

3. jc

was supposed to go last friday but winds westerly and strong along with some rain so we cancelled
    as we like the marks west side generally better fish

4. basha

basha Blenny

ah rite.
    forcast crap this wk aswell,lets hope it picks up.think you was talking to simmo on the car park other nite,batterd old camper van.

5. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

We fished south Gare high tide on Sunday morning,a few folk there but very quiet fish wise!
    Nothing to report.
    Top marks for catching Jc

6. jc

yes he said he was going to scotland is he going with you

7. basha

basha Blenny

yes mate.
    he's a walking distaster zone aswell,he falls sat on a pier that lad and its his first time fishing rocks,he's scared of heights aswell pmsl.weather not looking to good for rest of the wk,supposed to be picking back up by saturday mind and temps on rise.hopefully i can get me shorts on,if it dosnt pick up ile be spending more time in the pub or praying at st nina;s chapal one ov the two lol.went out last nite for the bules,only managed the one and a chub only fished for 2 hours got soaked through to the skin and banks were slipy as hell,only rod out must be friggin mad.

8. jc

least you had a go
    seems nice lad simmo sure you will have a good time
    i told him boots and gloves a must i always do now after my trip to stranraer a and e after falling going down ramsys

9. basha

basha Blenny

yeah he's sound john he's just learning the ropes really.thing is he wants to eat everything he catches.keep telling him he cant even wanted to eat the wrasse he caught of the gare.should be an experiance for him anyways scotland,he should bag a few fish.told him about the rocks and how sharp and slippy they could be and to wear suitable footwear,trainers the rock just minces them up.gonna ring galloway angling angling order my bait saturday,not been in the shop since his wife died,he was on about giving it up but has kept it on.rung him last wk asking if he would put me some bait away he said ring sat in he'll stick it in the book.

10. jc

did not know about his wife very sad she was ever so helpfull
    he mentioned the wrasse funnily enough