1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sandsend Sunday morning 19th

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by goaty, Jan 21, 2014.

1. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry this is a bit late report but finally.....Fished a mark down the Goat track (my track?!) over LW Sunday the 19th.
    Was a fair big sea on, previously been reliably told it would be too heavy for down there but thought i'd give it a go anyhow. Got to the spot and baited up cast out and the kelp was fair banging on the line. 1st cast nothing, 2nd cast and again getting some fair knocks but put it down to the swell coming in. After a while felt one really good knock, was about time to wind in so struck anyway but everything was solid, was well snagged up. Took some pulling to break it out but came free and it felt like i was cranking a load of weed in. Line was just about infront of me when a wave picked it up and it went behind a rock. Didn't want to risk damage the braid so waited for the swell to roll back then ran down grabbed the line and there was a 6 1/2 lb fish looking up at me!
    Ha Ha! Couldn't believe it, normally its the other way round.
    Next cast a real good bite and had another a tad under 3lb.

[​IMG]

Thought i was on a roll but sadly no more excitement after that.
    Bait was lug/mussel/ squid and cart.
    Thanks go to Les for his previous help
    Cheers,
    Julian

2. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

i recognise that rock lol, well done mate

3. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I can see my stud marks in that rock

4. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Top fish, well done.
    And, isn't it just lovely down there!?
    Not got round to codding there, but had a few tries for bass last summer. No luck, though beauty of the place made up.

5. craigyb

craigyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice catch. I went down there last week but didn't venture to far away from the bottom of the track with it being my first time there. Amazing place, I'm looking forward to a few more sessions up there :)

6. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

Who's the Daddy ;D ;D
    Well done Julian.