1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sandsend car park

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Sep 9, 2017.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

had a pleasant few hours this afternoon/evening
    some pleasant chat was had and some sea fishing virgins from leeds
    were having there first go they enjoyed it learned loads but no fish

as for the fishing 3 little palm sized dabs caught buy bloke using fresh rag
    i was using lots of diffrent frozen baits and all i did was fatten the crabs
    at least boro won

2. robq

robq Rockling

I wouldn't have thought that sandsend in a flat calm, clear sea at this time of year would be a good venue choice ? So many good summer spots that hold cod in these conditions;)

more so a winter darkness with colour and movement spot ?

Glad you enjoyed your evening anyway:)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

where would you recommend on such an evening between the tees and the esk? :)I am based in boro:D

4. Charliepat

Charliepat Blenny

PUB!!!!!

5. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

plenty of codswallop and pillocks but no fish to catch in the pub:D

6. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

yes recommendations please bud but no cliff climbing

7. pmac

pmac Blenny

went macky fishing on fri 5pm. four or five guys on the top deck of the west pier.
    about an hr before high tide. They caught two codling about 2lb may be 21/2lb.
    a young lad next to me unhooked them and put them back fot them.

probably worth a cast after dark ,when the guys on the bottom deck have gone.
    ( caught 7 macky)

8. robq

robq Rockling

That pretty much rules out most of the summer cod marks on the yorkshire coast really then.

As for marks between the esk and boro I'm afraid its not my territory, but further south good sport can be had at scarb marine drive, filey brigg and various marks around bempton and flamboro.