1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fishing Marks SALTWICK BAY /BLACK NAB

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by frank avey, Sep 7, 2015.

1. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

May be a stupid question to some but if the sea was not roaring could you get set up on black nab at saltwick and stay on there over high tide waiting till low to get off ,
    seems like it would be an ideal place to stay fishing over high tide as long as you couldnt get washed off the thing ,it does seem huge and high enough to be out of the waves and you would be in some really fishy looking water.
    dont shoot me down lads im only asking.

frank.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

If you mean "The Sisters" then no you cant.

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

When I used to fish the rabbit holes at Sandsend years ago over the HW with a bit of sea on I quite often saw lights of anglers fishing from the top of Saltwick Nab

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Didn't Eric wilson have a big bag of fish fishing off the top of saltwick nab years ago?

5. Baramundi Bob

He isn't talking about Saltwick Nab I dont think Dan. By Black nab I assume he means Saltwick Sisters ??

[​IMG]

Saltwick Nab you can get on top of all of them quite safely, but the best fishing is in the back so no need to cut yourself off.

[​IMG]

6. Baramundi Bob

You can also fish the cliff top above Real Hole. Neil Ingliss was the first person i ever saw up there, but its doable. The fish seem to turn up well into the ebb tide there. I think they come off the scar and empty into real Hole as the tide goes out. The best shot was down the right hand side of the hole, and not into the hole itself.

Eric Thompson used to climb down the back of Crete Block and fish off the back at high tide then walk off. Not for me that one like. Eric was in a different league to most of us.

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Fished at the back of the creta block a lot in the past few years. Now the sand has backed up a lot from the end of the East pier you can get on around 1.5hours back.

It's mint in the sand casting short on to the flat Scaur in front of the hole

8. Baramundi Bob

Ian Rusell, used to fish even closer to the East Pier. if you look in the scar at the left edge of the beach there is some nice runners there. Ian was no fool :), as much as he often tried to disprove me.

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Fished all them marks fished over high on salt wick nab it's all conditions slack tides it would fish over high on the nab not to much swell had some Mega bags off the nab over high on just a nice rolling sea nothing in the back under the ledge but alive down near the wreck amoung the stones .

The humps i used to fish off over high water years ago are near on flat now eroaded over the years to dangerous at high water to fish unless completly flat some very happy memories there and some very big fish.

Had one 15lb and 16 lb from the nab the good old days .

Paul

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Youve never seen a cod.

11. Cod And Chips

Cod And Chips New Member

What a great post

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

The photo of the 2 anglers fishing is great. Now how do I get there