1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saltburn Club results

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Impact Shiela, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Impact Shiela

Impact Shiela New Member

I dont think that the turn out for Saltburn was very strong tonight. Lobbers won it with 10 Yting, Marty Clarkson was 2nd with 10 Yting, and I was 3rd with 4 Yting. I fished off the beach at sandsend. There was quite a few rods up and down the beach. There was this one poor lad next to me who couldnt buy a bite. I dont think hes been fishing very long though, seemed like a bit of a novice to me. You know the type, comes over to inspect every fish you catch and examine your traces and bait at any opportunity. I think he said his name was Glen ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Baramundi Blank I think you christened him.

That's it anyways your banned, the pair of you. ;) ;) ;D

Well done on the third place though ;D

3. Baramundi Bob

Our results :

Sunday 11th March 2007
    With only 6 matches left until the end of the season anglers aiming to take the trophies for the top 8 positions in the league are becoming highly competitive with even the most hardened cod anglers turning up on the soft ground with small hooks and mackerel baits in search of whiting. In this match Paul Kilpatrick headed onto the sand and caught his first whitings of the season managing 3 for 2 pounds 3 ounces. Surprisingly enough the few anglers who persevered on the rocks were rewarded for their efforts with Dennis Thompson finding 2 codlings for 4 pounds 3 ounces and Colin Stainthorpe finding 1 for 2 pounds 12 ounces. The winner of tonight's match was Phil Mead with 18 whitings and 1 flounder for 12 pounds 10 ounces, Second place went to Phil's fishing partner Dave Perett who had 16 fish for 11 pounds 13 ounces. Brian Harland came in third with 12 fish for 8 pounds 14 ounces.

Results: 1st P Mead 12-10(19), 2nd Dave Perett 11-13(16), 3rd Bri Harland 8-14(12),

D Thompson 4-3(2), T Wright 3-8(5), C Stainthorpe 2-12(1), B Laws 2-10(4), D Smith Jnr 2-10(4), P Kilpatrick 2-3(3), G Kilpatrick 2-0(3), A Craig 1-10(3), D Craig 1-9(3)

4. Baramundi Bob

Shows you how strange whiting fishing is doesn't it. Only 200 yards to our left it was knee deep :)