1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SALTBURN BECK

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by LEONFR, Oct 26, 2010.

1. LEONFR

LEONFR New Member

Dont know if anyone has been down to the waterfall near the viaduct ( SKELTON END ) but the waterfall and pool underneath is no more , the council or whoever has knocked an amount of the wall down saltburn side , thus doing away with the waterfall and pool, so if any seatrout go up this far they will now be able to go right through into guisborough angling club waters ,anyone know why they have done this , it must have had the waterfall for donkeys years.

2. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

half of it collapsed due to heavey rain fall in the summer the council have maybe took the rest out for saftey or it has complety collapsed now

3. andym

andym Rockling

It was the EA who did a study on the migratory fish in the beck and discovered this was a big obsticle for the fish so they removed the wall so the fish have an easier passage.

I think it might also make it easier for the locals to gaff the fish out!

4. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Sounds ok if the fish can get upstream to spawn better.
    Then they will come back to the Coast to feed.
    Pity they didnt knock the Teesbarrage down and let the fish into the river.
    The E/A are usually helpfull if you send them a letter.
    I did a similar thing with Billingham beck and they replied and asked me to give them any information on sightings of fish ect.
    I think more anglers should report anything they see. the fish are what we are paying our licence for and, we become more concervation minded which cant be a bad thing for the future. :happy:pB

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Aye, you just can't trust those dodgy Skelton folk can ya! :whistle: :wink:

6. corbs1

corbs1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I`ve just been up there today 24/11/16 after a big flood. Seen half of a seatrout (most of been around 4lb) left by an otter just above the concrete wall but seen quite a few other large fish jumping too. Very promising.