1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Salmon Season 2012

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by skunkhead, Feb 7, 2012.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

There was a 19lb springer caught at Styford on the Tyne this week.
    Mind you, only 13 fish went over the counter at Riding Mill in January.

A dead fish (one of last years spawners) was found last week on Tyne. It measured 46.5 inches and is estimated as probably weighing around 50lb when it went upriver.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Imagine getting hold of that on a fly when it was fresh in ian ... :crazy:
    Yeah the tynes the river to be on around here as far as im aware . ide like to be able to get on it me sell...but im fancying the ure as a river to be putting abit time into this summer as well as the tees.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Stokesley AC have a beat on the Ure Dav, and they are after members

4. lochbois

lochbois Guest

I dont tell tales about fishing. I make a diary about the fishing trips i make.
    I caught six small salmon smolts one day in the strech of water i know as Thorpe Beck.
    I was told that they had been stocked by the E/A.
    This must have been a tale because the E/A told me they didnt stock Thorpe Beck.
    Wonder how these fish got so far upstream from Middlesbrough.
    Before the E/A slapped the 10 year c/r on our rivers i always started in February on the Wear.
    We have another 10 years on top of the first ten years .
    Lots of rods dont go out till june or they go abroad. I think we need more research into sping fishing.

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Hopefully they didn't bleed from the mouth :laugh:

6. lochbois

lochbois Guest

All were returned safely. I hope they return safely.
    Its a deep pool,because i fell in the other week and i couldnt touch the bottom. :laugh:

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:

8. bucko

bucko New Member

I'm thinking of booking a day on Lambley Estate in Mid June if you fancy a run up- £19 a day.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Defo ian . if your booking it give us a shout mate. cheers

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well i had a good look along some of darlo angling clubs water yesterday and must say i really like the look needless to say the application forms on its way :cheesy:. it looks lovely fly water .

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Darlo angling club skunkhead .