1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

salmon fishing prices

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by peter catchpole, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Teesdale

Teesdale Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Pic was posted 2 days ago, but was taken in May.

2. Teesdale

Don't quite know who said it is getting as many fish as the Tyne mate.

With regards to people seeing these fish it all depends who you talk to, me personally i believe what i have seen with my own eyes, and i have fished some of the best Salmon rivers in England and from what i have seen only the Tyne has more Salmon, but spring Salmon i bet the Ure can give any English river a good run for its money.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

Wires crossed mate . I was just saying it was a co incidense that i was asked to have a look down the ure on sunday with a possible intention of joing a club on there for next year , then you go and post a pic of the target fish , from the same river ...

Nice fish all the same ....

4. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Thanks Dan

I've fished the Ure at Kilgram about 4 times, and i've seen salmon twice on two separate occasions.

6. Teesdale

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Im going this sunday mate going to try and maybe suss the water out before next year as apparantly the section were it is gets very overgrown during summer so need to suss it out . guna get a few pics .

8. Teesdale

Hope it's good water for ya.

9. Dav

Dav Rockling

Me to mate and more importantly if it is , i just hope i manage to join .
    Im planning on keeping my tees membership on going . maybe trying to join a wear club and ure then i reckon thats my lot for next year ...altho there is a load i fancy joining , i just need to be practical, in trying to suss rivers out instead of joining a load and only fishing a few . altho i would if i had the money ....
    cheers .

10. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

after being in lots of clubs dav ,in all honesty it would have to be the tyne for me if you can get in nerac or tyneside anglers i would go for it im going to try & get back in 1 of them ,cheers

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Alright peter , which angling club is nerac ?
    Regarding tyneside anglers i did toy with the idea of joing as ide heard good things about it and the fact it gets alot of very big fish . tha trouble is im from middlesbrough and dont have a northumbrian postcode which you need . a lad at work did offer me to use hisnpostcode but feel abit awkward for asking him so havent done it yet , i started to think about other water ,
    Like you say tho tyneside anglers is probably the one to be in , i bet it gets busy does it ?

12. peter catchpole

i am from cheshire dav i joined no problem as for crowds no i never experienced them ,they have a nice stretch at bardon mill i have had good fish from there , nerac is north east railways angling club ,my salmon fishing buddys drives trains so i got in through him ,now they really have good beats but at the back end the best pools do get crowded but theres enough water to get away from them ,it really has some good pools & waters cheers pete

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Tyneside anglers syndicate is the northumbrian anglers federation isnt it ? do you reckon i should just send a cheque as there website says and hope.

14. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

TAS is not the Federation mate there 2 different clubs mate

15. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ah right , i thought it was the same club . I dont supose anybody has any info on how to join or a website i could have a skank at . thanks

16. peter catchpole

david carrick used to run it a few years ago dav his number was 07837 349 489 dont know if its still the same now

17. peter catchpole

yes nerac fished the railway side & like you say it was discussions about it ,if i can rember rightly we had something like 30 mins each fishing if other members were waiting to fish & there was several out of bounds areas i didnt fish it much due to some lads trying to own the place but when i did you was near enough guaranteed a fish or 2 its very rocky in there easy to lose fish ,thats the reason i switched from braid back to nylon for salmon spinning ,one touch on the rocks with a fish on the end the braid easily parted ,most used a yellow tube fly bounced round with a very light weight on ,cheers

18. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ive lost faith with braid for spinning for salmon aswell mate for the same reasons, cant believe how easy it parts.