1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

salmon at sleights

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by trout and salmon, Jul 4, 2013.

1. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

http://db.tt/SuRB0mhb first one of the year 10lb bar of silver. Tried to upload the picture click the link its there. Caught Monday 24th July just below the dam. If anyone interested in fishing the dam pool look on stonehouse emporium for more details

2. Steve

Steve Rockling

well done that man. lovely looking fish

3. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lovely Esk salmon that mate, well done

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

That's a lovely looking fish mate , wouldn't mind one of them . I bet the scales were flaking off it were they ?
    It looks a canny spot there but it just seems a tad expensive for me for such a short section altho if you hit it right im quite sure it would be well worth the dollar .
    Do the salmon hold up there in low water or do they all manage to get through with each lift ? I bet you have to be quick on the blower tho to hit it in its prime ?
    Good luck for next time .

5. trout and salmon

trout and salmon a silver salmon would be nice

It's not only the dam pool you can fish you can also fish above the dam for about 500 yards or so maybe more but when the fish are there in the dam pool you find it hard to leave it lol. Fish do hold up if the river has a small lift or a quick up and down. And yes the scales were dripping off :yes: