1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick Kayak match, full results & some pictures now added

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by newdave, Jul 9, 2011.

1. newdave

newdave Guest

It was a massive success

51 kayaks fished the match with 28 weighing in

Heaviest Fish

1 Mathew Garbutt Skelton Cod 8lb 7 1/4oz
    2 Matty Lamb Guisborough Ling 6lb 10 7/8oz
    3 George Colqhaun Warrington Cod 6lb 10 1/8oz
    4 Anthony Latheran Middlesbrough Ling 6lb 3/8oz
    5 Paul Garbutt Skelton Cod 5lb 12oz
    6 K Spencerly Middlesbrough Cod 5lb 2 3/8oz
    7 Ray Maddison Scarborough Cod 4lb 15 1/8oz
    8 Jim Marsh Gatwick Cod 4lb 9 3/8oz
    9 Dan Bennett Whitby Cod 4lb 6 3/8oz
    10 Ian Pickering Leicester Pollock 4lb 3 5/8oz
    11 Dave Ireland Cod 4lb 2 5/8oz
    12 Ian Sellors Scarborough Cod 4lb 1 5/8oz

Pairs competition
    Combined weight of heaviest fish Matty Lamb & Mike Marshall £130

Heaviest flat fish Mike May Gateshead Dab 12oz

We raised £249 plus another £80 so far on the justgiving site for the Runswick lifeboat who were an absolute pleasure & gave us the freedom of the bay :happy:

Report with pictures to follow however most of the lads are getting ready for a relaxing night around the camp fire with the Harrythecod music extravaganza
    [​IMG]
    last nights pre match briefing, think it started at lunchtime :surprise:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Harry took all the pictures of the presentation, however hes gat a gig tonight so they might not be on until tomorrow

2. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Re: Runswick Kayak match,

Who won dave ?

3. andym

andym Rockling

Excellent Dave I'm going to do my best to make next years if there is one?

Andy

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Great Day once again and soo pleased with the turn out. Im hoping that Runswick can become the new home for this event and just to highlight the quality of the fishing today I had 9 cod to over 4lb, a least a dozen whiting, A ling and quite a few coalies and never even got onto the prize board.

Big well done to Matty Garbutt who won and to Matty silver fox on second place. And of course big well done and a thankyou to the guys who organised the event and made it the success it was.

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=371

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well done to all who fished.. Going to change my name to Matty... :laugh: must be a lucky name.. :wink:

Seriously a big well done to Matty Garbutt on winning... :happy:

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Twas an excellent turnout and great day all round :yes: I didn't do very well fishwise but it's always a good day and nice to catch up with people that travel up.

Well done to everyone that weighed in :yes:

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

well done to all the winners and big thanks to ken and dave for all there hard work. it was a grand day .

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

a great day was had by all and I think I have to take the mantle as the spawneymeister. I came second, won the pairs with Mike33 and even won a prize in the raffle :laugh:

9. bigcod31

bigcod31 Peter Mcfarlane kaskazi dorado

Great day. Lovely place will defo be back there. Thanks to the organisers for a great day.

10. gleadall474

gleadall474 i want to live by the sea

Re: Runswick Kayak match, full results now added

sounds like everyone had a great day wish i could of been there.

11. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Re: Runswick Kayak match, full results now added

Yes a great event, well done Matty Garbutt, and thanks to Dave/Ken for all their hard work, and everyone else involved, many thanks to the Runswick RLNI too for their help and looking after everyone - echoe Glenn Runswick is a great venue for this event

12. menai1

menai1 ECKA Simply the Best

Well done to everyone looked like a great day.

13. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Realy enjoyed the day a huge thank you to the orginiesers and the runswick bay rescue boat for keeping an eye on us

Will hopfuly be there next year

14. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Well done to everyone who fished and to Dave & Ken for the organisation :yes: :yes:

15. newdave

newdave Guest

Please can we give a round of aplause for the ladies as well, Sams good lady Phillipa for exspertly taking care of the admin at check in & generlly being helpful, also Fiona for setting up & running the marquee which made a great centre piece & shelter. Yes I tend to agree that Runswick is the ideal location & whilst the folk at Filey were very acomadating it just did not tick as many boxes
    Easy launch
    Lifeboat house & natural ampithetre
    good parking
    refreshments
    good campsite
    nice pub
    etc

:happy:

16. Kevex

Kevex Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Had another fantastic day, last time i fished Runswick Bay was of the beach and I blanked, made up for it this time though, Ya just gotta go get em ! Big well done to everyone that organised it all , and the guy and his daughter who helped me haul the Big Game up to the car park a big thanks to you both again. Brilliant Day... Looking forward to the next one. Cheers Kev.

17. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow what a day my first time in a comp and loved it and got a prize big thanks to Dave and ken and all who helped to organise it it all went well even tho the weather did it best to spoil it.

all the best Keith

18. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

A great day and a great night or two if spud,s condition was anything to go by :laugh: he still managed to get 3rd though :cool: well done to everyone involved in getting the match organised. It is a great venue and has plenty more to offer too. Well done to the money thieves especially matty who even looked smug when collecting his raffle prize :laugh: I,m starting to hate him now :laugh:

19. bucko

bucko New Member

Looks like the event was an amazing success- very well done to all who organised and fished in it.

20. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Nice one lads, sounds like a right laugh. I might come to the next one just for the craic and to take some pics