1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick Kayak Match 2012 Organisation And Updates

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Jan 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Aye Andy , the photographer don,t mind a bit of fish :whistle: you know ,cod macky place :hungry:

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Minutes of meeting Friday 20th April 2012

Present: Sam Baxter (Yakkin Sam), Matty Lamb (Silver Fox), Scott Greer (Boomstick)

We received questions before the meeting all of which were addressed during the meeting, details below:

1/ There is a car park located at the bottom of the bank at Runswick Bay, plenty of parking is available. In the unlikely event that the car park is full then extra parking is located at the top of the bank to the right. Please do not use the residents car park.

2/ To avoid congestion please park in the car park and use a trolley to the slipway, kayaks can be off loaded near the slipway if needs be but only if you don't have a trolley.

3/ If weather is against us then a decision whether the match will go ahead will be be made by 7pm on the Saturday night, hopefully this will be enough notice for anyone travelling.

4/ Hopefully a kayak safety course will be ran on the Saturday, RNLI will be involved if it goes ahead and possibly a safety flare demo. Will confirm asap.

5/ Pleased to confirm that Runswick rescue boat will be the match safety boat again this year

6/ Matty Lamb will be setting up a 'Just Giving' page for RNLI donations, please give generously :yes:

7/ Match sign in from 8am onwards, match briefing at 8.45am (near the lifeboat house)

8/ Entry fee this year will be £20, the increase means we can provide a healthy prize list plus donate to the Runswick rescue boat

MATCH RULES

1/ 2 hook limit (this includes treble hooks), for example 2 hokkis and a lead, one hokki and jighead
    2/ 2 rods can be setup but only one rod can be used at any one time.
    3/ Any fish kept must be within size, any below legal/match size will not be counted
    4/ Start: 9am
    Finish: 3pm
    5/ Weighin 3.45pm - 4.30pm (hopefully at the lifeboat station again)
    6/ Committee decision is final
    7/ Heaviest fish: No Wrasse / Mackerel allowed
    8/ Heaviest Bag: No Wrasse / Mackerel allowed
    Billet: 35cm+
    Whiting: 33cm+
    Cod: 35cm+
    Bass: 41cm+
    Pollock: 35cm+
    9/ Paddle power only, no sails or towing in from the safety boat allowed (Ken :wink: )
    10/ Match boundaries: Port Mulgrave - Goldsborough (could be decreased if weather turns for the worst)
    11/ One prize per angler (in Heaviest Fish category)

PRIZE LIST:

HEAVIEST FISH

£350 1st + Carved Pollock trophy
    £150 2nd
    £100 3rd
    £75 4th
    £50 5th
    £40 6th
    £30 7th
    £20 8th
    £20 9th
    £20 10th

£10 15th
    £10 20th

£75 Heaviest bag
    £25 Heaviest Bass
    £25 Heaviest Flatfish

Plus plenty of items for the RNLI raffle and prizes from 1st Wet n Wild http://www.1stwetwild.co.uk/ and Keiths Sports in Saltburn

Spools of line and lures from Guisborough Angling & Shooting Centre

LATEST PRIZE: £100 cash from James Bowling of Big In Promotion http://www.biginpromotion.co.uk/

3. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

That,s a healthy looking prize list Sam, hope you get a good turn out,
    I will be down Saturday evening to take some informal snaps and hope to stay overnight with Ken or some one, then take the weigh in photo,s and prize giving at the end of the match,

Oh i will bring a prize for the table with me as well,
    just hope the weather is kind to us all, :happy:

4. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cheers Harry, prize and photos of the event will be very welcome :yes:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Really sorry guys. I got the time wrong. Me and Mike went to Fleece at 6. Well done on getting sorted though.

6. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

looks good, i would of attended last night if i knew there was a meeting taking place.

can i ask why the bass size limit is 41cm and not 35cm?

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

These things happen Glenn, not to worry.

Dan, I think Matty said that was the Whitby club size limit so we went with that. If people would prefer 35cm instead of 41cm then we can change it.

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

its just i think the legal landing limit is 35cm

9. andym

andym Rockling

I thought it was 36cm????

10. Easy Yakker

Easy Yakker simply messing about in boats

Those are some really clear Minutes, produced so quickly, well done Sam, sounds like a very productive meeting. And a really impressive prize list - time to get out and practice!

11. andym

andym Rockling

http://www.ne-ifca.gov.uk/minimum-landing-sizes/?locale=en

this any help?

12. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Think it changed up t0 40cm...

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=348.0

13. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

We'll stick with the original 41cm for Bass, it works for the whitby club so it works for us :happy:

14. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

was just about to say we agreed on 41cm so will stick with that

15. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Well done lads looking forward to the yakking matches

Just a note on the rules Sam you need to add one prize per angler in the main category

16. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Done.

Well spotted, cheers for that Quint :happy:

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Prize received from Guisborough Angling & Shooting Centre :happy:

Thanks to Matty (Silver Fox) for securing that.

18. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Well done guys, a lot of though has gone into that, going to be a brilliant weekend :happy:

19. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Today we received a kind prize donation of £100 from James Bowling (forum member 'Skyrack') of Big In Promotion http://www.biginpromotion.co.uk/

Thanks very much James, very kind of you and very much appreciated :yes: :yes:

20. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice 1 thanks james very much appreciated