1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick Bay Summer Kayak Fishing Festival 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by carpyken, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Plan is a size 24 hook using a Waggler float and double maggot.... Easy ;-) I've heard

2. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

[​IMG]
    A bit wet first thing by looks of it. Wind against swell too. Fingers crossed it stays ok. Really looking forward to it. Put a few faces to names at last :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Forecast is looking good, it's improving throughout the match which is just what we want. :)

4. Mladds

What time does cafe open is more important ;-)

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

The cafe is a bit naff to be honest, if your wanting a full English I would grab one in Whitby before you hit the road :)

6. shammy67

Too right ken..bring it on ;)

7. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Look forward to seeing you, I'm just hoping the Whitby Bass Club can pull something out of the bag or there is a serious chance of the trophy heading south, mind you, that Moleman can catch a fish when he tries. Anyone heard from Ramrod? :D

8. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

don't worry he will be there ;D

9. Mladds

Bass club not on form at mo as minds full of next Fridays journey to Skye !!!! But I'm sure a fish or two will be caught and the trophy will stay up north ;-)

10. shammy67

Well im part of the southern softies brigade so lets hope one of our lads can do the business:p

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Is there a hook limit as I, m just about to knock up some dodgy rigs!

12. Mladds

Today's the day then lads, I've been up since 5:30 as guess to keen. It's drizzling here in Whitby but should clear up later. Safe journey lads even you southerners and see you soon:)

13. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Good luck to all fishing this comp, looking forward to the reports

14. Mladds

Well I still haven't got around to emptying bus of kayak and gear, and it will have to wait until Monday as I confess Saturday was hard graft due to conditions. Saying that doesn't 6 hours pass quickly.mainly because we enjoy it :) thanks to those again who made it possible. And for the prizes, as all amazing. Shall look forward to part two.

As for the boundary problem as in did some pass it or not, it's hard to know at what point should you stop. I know I paddled right up to the last set of pot flags as did many others and even then wasn't sure if that was to far or not far enough. The temptation is always to go deeper and a little further for that pig :) therefore maybe if it was possible some kind of marker dropped out would solve the problem.

Well done to the winner as well, a lovely cod from a yak.

Until next time then, stay safe! And enjoy your fishing:)