1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick bay rescue.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by marlin2, Jun 3, 2017.

1. marlin2

marlin2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all I hope that all your crabs are ok . I would like to thank the Runswick bay rescue crew that looked after me and my wife for an hour in the rain before the ambulance came after braking my leg and ankle after slipping in the rain.
    Us town folk that are plunders of your fresh air and fish need to appreciate the hrs of voluntary. ( un payed ) work the locals put in to the running of the rescue services to protect us all thank you. ☺ .
    The story............
    We had just arrived for a 3 night stay in Runswick bay staying at the wonderful sandside owned by the cafe. Here we come and stay many times throughout the year spending money " yes a Yorkshire man that spends money ". The idea was to have some r & r and fishing. after unloading it was straight to the Royal for pint yummy ( only one ) , then out for a walk, across the beach to the little run for a recky then back to the village heading for the dike and wall but it became to slippy with the Moss and alge on the path so it was back towards the post box then right up the Stepps . ups I slipped, no problem I will just get up" nope " I slipped again har me thought hold on to hand rail and pull my self up nope I fell back down but this time on my way back down.... thinking ouch "yep" that hurts I looked down to see that I wasn't slipping I Was trying to stand on my leg but where is my foot " it should be there but no,, Where arrrrr s.it is my foot, it soon told me that it's still in my wellingtons by giving me a kick off pain.
    I shouted to the wife , she had stopped at the bottom of the steps after three attempts she turned around look at me waving and she waves bloody back arrrrr , well up she comes looking at me on floor are you OK "hey are you real came to mind in a different language,.. go to the pub and tell them to phone for a amberlance ar why came the reply . deep breath,, well darling" Ive broke my leg " how do you know , I dare not tell her where my foot was ' take it from me i have , bad move from me .. yep she screamed louder then me .. panic panic what shall I do, what Shall I do .just go and phone from the pub ,, I will youse my phone, no I've all ready tried and no signal off she went with me shouting be careful don't slip . well all the pub came out i felt a write plonker , er er its on its way . the Runswick bay rescue crew made me has comfortable as possible in rain 1until the ambulance arrived 45 minutes later then off to Middlesbrough another 45mins . 4 days later transferred to pinderfields, that was the 17th of may and iam still here bord out of my tree , iam playing tricks on the nurses so will try to up load some picks tight lines. Ian.

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bit of a day you had

See what happens when you have your hands in your pockets all the time holding on to your cash, typical TAY :)

Hope youre on the mend soon

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. basha

basha Blenny

ouch....

speedy recovery fella.

4. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Know just how you feel, did the same, but it was falling out of a tree that did it.

Speedy recovery, just to make you feel better after my op it was seven months before I was back to work doing very little on account of still using my crutches.

Keep smiling !

Roger

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

keep smiling what a day feel for you