1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick Bay Kayak Match - MATCH IS ON - SAT 14th

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Sambo, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Re: Update on rescheduled Runswick Bay Match - MATCH IS ON

That's what I like to see, positive outlook :cheesy:

2. newdave

newdave Guest

Re: Update on rescheduled Runswick Bay Match

better watch out for the jewson brick thieves :laugh:, quite like it actually, need an extra large packup for nice easy day at anchor :yes:

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Myself and Scotty did some bait fishing the other week Dave and tell you what it was lovely, totally chilled out and warm unlike bait fishing in January! I much as I'd prefer the match to have a clear sea I don't mind a bit of bait fishing.

4. pippen

pippen Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Maybe I was a bit hasty with my first comment I just carnt see the rush it's only been two weeks since the comp got cancelled n it just seems like its getting jumped on the first half descent day available there is there could be weeks ov gud weather just round the corner n if there wasn't bait fishing cud be on a have decent day out ov them neway I best keep quiet lol

5. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Were trying to get this 1 done sooner rather than later since theres flandorough and scarborough coming up then the shore season starts for a lot of people.

Ok there might be some awsome weather just round the corner but there also might not be. We as a committee has been in constant talk about it not just a spur of the moment decision

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Can understand where you are coming from Pippen, I'd prefer a nice flat calm clear sea as well. However as Scotty said we have no idea what the weather is going to do and going by the last 3 months there are few gaps in the weather so you can forgive us for wanting to make the most of any gaps in the weather.
    Again this is a provisional date and if the conditions get worse then we'll put the match back, to be fair though when we first mentioned the match might be this Saturday the forecast was 5-6mph winds with only 2ft swell.

7. pippen

Like I said I'll keep quiet as its upto the committy to deside and I know u lot tri your hardest to make a nice day for every 1 I ain't knocking your efforts because they are great just like u said everyone wud like a flat calm sea now wind but we ain't had any ov that at late wor ever the out cum I'll probs still be fishing got to fish your local matches here's to hoping for woteva happens

8. Mitch167

Mitch167 Whitby Fishing Forum is the dogs nuts .

Well it's not lookin to bad for the weekend is it
    :pray: :pray: :pray:

9. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ah doggy do doe....Im working this weekend, would have liked to make it up and could maybe have swung it for a sunday, saturdays a no no im afraid :no: :no:

hope you get out though lads and have a good one

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

MATCH IS ON

Sorry for the delay confirming, we've been waiting to see if the forecast would settle and it has so it's all go go go!

Saturday 14th 9am-3pm, sign in from 8am onwards.

As you'd expect after this week's swell it'll be bait fishing.

Full details are on the original thread http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=27039.0

11. Mitch167

Mitch167 Whitby Fishing Forum is the dogs nuts .

Spot on

12. gary

gary Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry lads but I will not be coming on this one got to work this weekend wish I could get :sad: but good look to all. Gary

13. pippen

Me Simmo n curly ain't fishing it

14. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I'll be there :cheesy:

15. speno

speno Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats me not working sat then never had any luck bait fishing but theres allways a first time.
    got to be in it to win it

16. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Sorry, I cant support this one, working Fri and Sat night and can't get leave.

See you all at Flambrough or Scarborough.....catch one for me!! Ian

17. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

same here sorry lads but just cant make the sat still think there will be a double figure fishcaught on the bait though , good luck everyone
    the commitee deserve a rest after this , they put a lot of work into this and the previous match jeff

18. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

am i stupid it was only a apointment to sort my morgage out :scare: thats not as important as going fishing see you there , thats if the wife dosent kill me first :hurt:

19. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats what i like to see jeff. Dont worry about the wife she will understand ha ha

See you there

20. merryfisher

merryfisher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sorry much as I'd like to I can't make it up this time. Have a good one, hopefully catch up with you all later in the year. Thanks for all the effort put in by the organizers again.