1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick Bay Kayak Fishing Festival June 2013 Results, Pictures, Information.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 11, 2013.

1. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

Enjoyed the whole weekend. Had some good laughs in and out of the bar!

Well done Damo... excellent Cod and also well done to the other placings.

2. marshy

marshy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just got back to sunny Gatwick. What a cracking weekend. Thanks to Sam, Phillippa, Fi and Ken and the official timekeeper Spawney and the committee. Thanks for making me welcome, and doing all the hard graft.
    This is one hell of an event now. Congrats to all who turned up for the match and the courses.
    See you next year if not before.

Not forgetting the winners, well done all.

Jim

3. 01kayak

01kayak Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a great weekend as allways
    well done to the lads that got into the prizes and damo for a cracking fish
    well done to sam ,ken ,fi and the committee , see you all again next year jeff

4. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Haha glenn dont forget its only half time, the scarboro tunny clubs tactics are going to plan, get enough points in the away tie to finish the job off on our turf, we know some bits of steel not on charts wink wink

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Wow, what can we say, I'm just home from a huge road trip taking gear back to suppliers etc, Holyhead and Newcastle, both in the same day, not even looked at photos on the camera yet.

Glenn, your photos reflect the event perfectly, thank you so much for going to the trouble of capturing them.

Biggest thanks have to go to everybody involved in putting the Runswick Festival together......the committee included Fi, Sam, Pip, Matty, Dave, AndyM, Philpot and certainly not least our Nigel..

Great big thanks to our own Baramundi Bob - Glenn who has supported this event from the beginning as part of WSA, he worked a lot of magic in the background making sure the event was highlighted were ever possible on the internet and always at the forefront - do a search on Google and just see how high profile this event really is...

The initial idea was to put something together that was similar to a symposium - lots of different things going on, plenty of learning, both practical and classroom based, trade stands, the social side too - all based around one central point - East Barnby Outdoor Centre. With the work of everyone mentioned I really do think that was achieved and this really is the first of its kind - a full on kayak angling symposium... :happy: BCU safety courses both days, a classroom based VHF course, a tidal planning and navigation workshop, lectures on fishfinders, an afternoon foraging, kayak modifications, charity displays, guided paddling for anyone who wanted it, trade stands... the list goes on..

East Barnby is a brilliant location - camping, bunk rooms, drying rooms, food and bar facilities available, lecture theatres and so much more, slightly disappointed we didn't get to use the fire pit and have a great big open fire :cheesy:

We were so fortunate with the weather too, Saturday blew up just a little with that squall but it was perfect to have the kayak angling safety group out in some 'real' but managed and controlled conditions..

Sunday dawned blustery but with an ever increasingly improving forecast, perfect for match day.

Big, big thanks to our Chris (Dolphin) for being our safety boat this year, he really did us a sterling job, even though he felt under the weather, we still have your prize from the Railblazer comp, I'll get it up to you shortly mate :happy:

It was wonderful to have Paul at the event with Heroes on the Water, this really is a charity that deserves our full support and if you can think of a way to raise money for this cause he would love to hear from you.

Do please bare with us, we will post the points for the Moken challenge shortly, anyone who fished Runswick still has the chance of winning the Moken Challenge and a Moken 14 - of course it does mean you have to fish the Scarborough Festival match in September :cheesy:

Biggest congratulations to Damo and all the winners.....and of course everyone who fished, 65 entries to the match and another 8 on the safety course, we really had a lot of kayaks out on the water on Sunday.

We would be interested in any feedback on the event, how can we make it even better? Send us a pm and let us know :happy:

Ken

6. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Thanks Ken, was about to post something similar.

Big thank you to everyone that supported the event, 65 fished the match which is a hell of a turnout and is the biggest turnout for a kayak fishing match on our coast to date! Makes the hardwork worthwhile so thank you.

Thanks to Fiona's hardwork we managed a great raffle, everyone bought tickets and we managed to raise £400! £200 raised for RNLI and £200 for Heroes On The Water :cool: Thanks guys.

BIG thank you to everyone involved and that helped towards to the event. Thanks to East Barnby Outdoor Centre for letting us take over their centre! Kim Bull and Ken for the excellent BCU safety courses and navigation talk, Phil Roberts for the kayak mod demo and everyone on the committee that helkped make it all happen. There were lots of people involved that did there bit, they know who they are so thank you.

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

a very enjoyable and well run day lads,a big thanks to everyone,especially the dolphin ,its very comforting knowing someone is near.

8. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just a few from the weigh in...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

VHF Radio Course

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wet & Wild

[​IMG]

Foraging..

[​IMG]

9. philpot

philpot Jackson kayak/ Torqeedo flyer

It was good to see some familiar faces back at base camp on Sat but I was really sorry to leave that evening and gutted not to be able to fish on the Sunday. Well done to all the prize winners and in particular Damo.

Thanks to those who came over for a chat on the Moken modifications area, nice to meet some new faces.

Next year I will make sure I am not double booked

Phil

10. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Had a great weekend :happy: Really good to meet up with people and also meet new ones as well. The whole thing was really well organised and very enjoyable. Had some cracking laughs, shame fishing wasn't red hot on match day but that's how it goes. Managed 5 Codling to 3lb2oz so could be worse I suppose. Unfortunately my photo taking frequency directly correlated to the amount of alcohol I had consumed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

You been sinking fridges ?

12. Baramundi Bob

Pmsl, thats sooo funny, the shads been Raw till four

[​IMG]

13. Baramundi Bob

Hi Mark, Really pleased you enjoyed your time up here, thanks for coming all that way to take part.

14. andym

andym Rockling

Had a fantastic weekend starting on the Saturday with taking the kids down and letting them have a play about in young Ant's boat (cheers Ken & Ant) and cheers Glenn for the fantastic pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On the Sunday I fished the match managing a codling small pollack and countless Dabs but was pleased bagging myself my first Brill no where near the prizes but loved the paddling about in great conditions and scenery

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the regulars on the water

[​IMG]

Thanks to Chris for acting as safety boat great feeling knowing someone's watching over things as well as these guys

[​IMG]

A few snaps from the weekend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone thinking of getting into kayak angling I doubt you will get a better start than getting yourself booked on the safety course

[​IMG]

Superb conditions in a superb scenic and safe environment with VERY knowledgeable coaches

[​IMG]

Cant wait for next years me and my son intend to make a full weekend of it Thanks for everyone's much appreciated hard work promise I will pull my weight behind the scenes of next years guys

Thanks Andy

15. Furion

Furion Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I would like to thank everyone involved in organising this,

I indulged in the kayak safety course on Saturday and even though I had been out a few times and tbh thought I knew a lot I really didn't. Kim and ken were brilliant in teaching and also any other information we wanted. I would recommend this course to anyone even Sam who had been afloat for years said he learnt something and was well worth going on!

Then Sunday the completion. I had my friends and even the gf laughing at me for wanting to do this - you have never caught a fish before, what's the point etc etc. I wanted to come down meet some people which I have and hope at some point to go out fishing with them and have a laugh.

I did get my first cod that day which instantly put a smile on my face it was only a couple lber out the bay before the restrictions were removed but I didn't care that was my weekend made! Things got slightly better when I hooked into that 7lber which took me 2nd over all. Dreams are made and do come true lol. Can't thank mike t and Sam for the help before and during the day.

This is well and truly got me hooked on kayak fishing! I hope to see a lot more of you around.

Brian ( I think it was magicbrian on here) if you do ever want a paddle round tee sport etc give drop me a bell and if I'm in the north I'd really enjoy coming along.

Jon

16. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

I thought they were joking about that being your first cod mate. Massive well done, fishing wasn't easy - you've done really well there :yes: I watched a bit of the safety course on the saturday and I've gotta say it's the sort of thing that would have been very useful when I started out. The things I spent hours reading about, watching videos and talking to people about all seemed to be nicely condensed in a very easy to understand way. Will definitely recommend it next year to people.

We tried to get DJ to hold it but he was having none of it the miserable sod :laugh:

17. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

had a great weekend. what a laugh saturday was.

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

thanks to dolphin chris for making the best cuppa in the north sea

19. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Here's a few I took on Saturday

East Barnby
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't realise Bruce Willis was at Runswick on Saturday

[​IMG]

The Whitby Angling supplies boys

[​IMG]

20. mystic girl

mystic girl Blenny

Although I have been fishing for 45 years kayak fishing is relatively new to me. That was my first Kayak match which I enjoyed immensely. I would just like to take the time to thank all those involved.
    Thank you very much
    Kindest Regards
    John