1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Runswick Bay - Best Night Of The Season So Far . . .

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Its always the same when ive been at sea on the day time and have a match in the evening, i run round like a headless bloody chicken trying to get sorted on time, then i can never be arsed to fish when i get there!

Sunday was no different, i picked lawsy up as his van had mysteriously died in the night and we had to drop his keys off and as per usual every retarded sunday driver was in front of us on the way driving at 25 miles per hour in a 60 which gets my goat, anyway moving on . . .

we eventually arrived at runswick as its not a bad shot for the conditions we had, the night couldnt get any worse right? wrong again richy, the heavens opened and never let up all night!

we got tackled up and baited etc, i always start with a couple of rigs baited and ready to go, my first cast the lead loop came of the lead on the cast wrecking my bait, so quickly got another on and tidied my bait up and it took about 3 mins to get weeded off and snagged, so i reeled in and rebaited and recast i must of landed it on the fishes nose this time as i took my slack up i felt a pull, let it develop and bang a nice fat 3 1/2lber on the beach at my feet. great stuff i had a weigh in!

The night progressed similar all night get a bite, another fish, lose a couple of leads, get weeded off, i had a few bites which i struck into weed, i had two slackliners which ran me most of the way in, these were the two smallest fish of the night too.

As the night progressed it went dead where i was so i moved only 40 yards to my right where a couple of the other club lads were fishing so we huddled in the rain and had a natter, they said it had gone dead too,
    but the fishing gods were definately looking down on me, while we were talking my rod buckled over a further three times each fish around 2 1/2lb each time.

i managed to amass 7 codlings and a rockling by the end of the match, my best so far, i weighed in 18lb 1oz and won the match with my second double figure bag of the season.

Photo took on boat the following morning, I usually go down there to do my cart and fillet etc, rather than have loads of shoote in the bin at home!
    [​IMG]

2. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Best Night Of The Season So Far . . .

Nice one rich, hope you have plenty more of those nights, minus the broken van, slow drivers and weed lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

well done rich keep it up :)

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice one Rich great fishing there mate.

5. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice I Rich

6. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done Rich ;D don't leave them in the van ;)

7. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

cheers lads, conditions are great for it at the minute, so the boss has stamped my pass for another evening so shall be venturing out!

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Well done rich. I went runswick for the first time in September great place. I will get there in right sea at some point. Did u fish the right or the left mate

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Class mate. Sometimes when all seems to be wrong it's actually doing ok mint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi