1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rotten Bottoms

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing WebSite Reviews And Links' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

An essential item for rough ground fishing

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/rotten-bottom-rigs.php

:-* :eek: :D

2. jack

jack New Member

what about on a uptide rig is it worth doing
    i nornaly use a zip slider to carry my lead how would it work or is there a better set up
    thanks

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

If your uptiding on rock, kelp etc then yes. If over sand then no need really. :happy:

4. jack

jack New Member

can you show me how you would set this up thanks

5. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

good tip that :secret:

6. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

In the process of making a short series of video clips of how to make and use the rotten bottom rig I have been shown and use (not taking credit for the design as the original has been around years, just a couple of my own tweaks ) watch the main forum for the post under "how to:rotten bottoms".

Cheers jellyworm.

7. skl

skl Blenny

Look forward to seeing that.

It would be intresting to see different how many forms of rotten bottoms there are, I guess most will be variations on the two listed in the above link.

8. nath160

nath160 New Member

Excellent link. Some of the best fishing down here in the south west is over rough ground, and the potential to lose a whole heap of tackle is phenominal. Rocky bottom setups, whichever ones you choose, are are a must if you don't want to have to look into a second mortgage to replace the amount of tackle you would otherwise lose!

I too would be interested in finding out how many different types of rocky bottoms anglers have invented. There must be absolutely loads. :)

9. coasty

coasty New Member

When I was a keen rock angler I always used the rig using a wire and wooden bead from a car bead seat. are they still in use?

10. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

Yes but plastic beads instead.. :happy:

11. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

i use a normal lead clip upside down, the strong wire ones with the bait clip, just tie weaker line to eye of clip and hang lead on the inverted bait clip, works everytime and can withstand a very powerful cast