1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rods & Reels Whitby

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bucko, Nov 6, 2010.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

Is it changing hands?

2. paulyfish

paulyfish New Member

according to scarborough shop owner been bought by whitby angling.

3. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

I heard this whisper as well. Anyone know if he's getting shot of the one he's in now?. Otherwise he'll be competing in business against himself!. Only other option is to keep them both and increase prices so visiting anglers have no other option buying tackle and bait when they arrive?.

4. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

Not sure but think he is keeping both heard on the grape vine 1 is going to be sea gear and the other is going to be fresh water

5. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

If that is the case, then good business tactics. Hope it's a success for him.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Hahaha, The grapevine is rumbling.

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

it gets louder everytime you hear it, :laugh: :laugh:

i guess only time will tell

8. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

great idea then we can send all of the customers to sbro and saltburn

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Cheers lads- I gues something is afoot then.
    The reason I asked was I got £50 in gift vouchers for birthday and don't want them to end up being no use.

10. kirkby lad

kirkby lad New Member

talking to current owners 30% of all stock, except bait. apparently new owners have got their own stock and don't need current stock, so its all for sale. Bait will still be available. sale on till end of month then new owners take over.

11. bucko

bucko New Member

Well- that £50 of vouchers went a long way with 30% discount.

Best of luck to the new owners and good luck and thanks to the lads who have provided such a good service over the years.