1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rod Ring Repair - Leeds Area

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by BigPauly, Feb 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BigPauly

BigPauly Tina Turner _ Simply The Best

Does anyone know anyone in the Leeds area who does decent rod ring repairs.

I've bust my ring (pardon the pun) on my Shimano Exage travel spinning rod, which needs replacing.

If anyone near me can do this or if anyone knows anyone, can you please put me in touch.

Cheers

BP

2. BigPauly

109 views and no replies.

C'mon - someone out there must be able to sort out my ring ;-)

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Plenty of spots in Leeds where you can sort out your busted ring, bit seedy though some of those areas you might get locked up

No tackle shops in Leeds who can do it for you, plenty up here but a long way to travel to get sorted

4. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

according to google there are 3 tackle shops in leeds area ? surely one of those is capable of doing a ring replacement ?

I could do it for you BP but too far, and by time it was posted out and back it wouldnt be ecenomic.

5. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Chas Burns in York does all my freshwater gear, he's re-rung loads of boat rods for me and built quite a few spinning rods for me, just got an uptider back that he's done, he's first class.
    Find him at
    Burnsbuiltrods on the net.
    Ive got his mobile if you want it?

• Useful Useful x 2
  6. BigPauly

Thanks
    Just looked at his site.
    I'll probably give him a go.
    Cheers j99oel

7. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

He works from home nowadays, his shop got flooded in December 2015 so he packed it in, Ive had 6 or 7 rods built by him, and god knows how many renovated, he's an absolute gent, he builds quality fishing rods at sensible prices. He doesn't do beachcasters though.