1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rock n sand

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by SAGE, Oct 13, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

well last night (friday) it was another excursion out with my gear, this time the A19 was clear so headed south... well runswick anyway...
    the plan was to walk right towards kettleness and fish on the way back to the beach..

i dont know the names for all the marks along there but i started at a area where there is a bit of a sandy beach past a waterfall.. there was plenty of light left by the time i baited up so after a my fist cast i settled to have a cuppa.... no flask in the bag... so i thought i would check the time ... no bloody phone... looks like i have caught "Harryitis" :laugh: :laugh:

a couple of little knocks developed into a slow pull down so i lifted into the bite fish on ...soon a small undersize mop was brought in after chucking it back i baited up again with a cocktail of worm and crab... cheers "Mad Mick" for the worm ..... after half a dozen casts and no more bites i decided to move...

it was dark now so i headed back towards hillstones... same procedure as before .. bait out ..sit and wait... 3 casts and nothing... 4th cast a straight pull down and the result was a slightly bigger mop maybe just size...but i chucked it back...i wanted its bigger brothers...

i could see i was the only person fishing the bay due to the lack of lights.... whether that played on my mind and the noise of debris falling from the cliffs behind me.. and....i could have sworn i heard some one whistle !!!

i decided to head back towards the beach and drop into little run for a couple of casts while it flooded but by now there was a couple of lights on the beach.. so i headed for them...to see if they had anything and a bit craic..... nice to meet you BikerJake and your mate.. even if it was for a short time...

two other lads came down and headed for little run .....i only had another 3 or 4 of casts on the sand and as i was struggling for bites on the sand i decided to head off home...

so tonight resulted in a win for the hard ground.. Rock 2 - Sand 0 .... sorry no pictures... not even phone pictures... due to "Harryitis" haha

thanks for reading
    Paul

2. toprod

toprod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Did you say you heard a whistle your not the only one who as heard this over the years. Apparently it tommy Jackson who capsize his cobble in 1932 and was never seen again. Sometimes you can see a touch light off hillstone but no one is there.

3. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Paul 2 mops is better than been sat in the house. Hope you get better soon then maybe you will remember everything next time.

Tightlines Chris

4. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

hey hey hey, you trying ti frighten the Lad :scare: LOL i have fished hillstones many times on my own,never herd a whistle except the wind howling ,

well done on the effort you put in , a couple of mops ia better than nowt ,
    if you had went along to the stones you would have come to a gully coming in ,

we have had some nice fish out of it in the right conditions,
    next time conditions are right i will take you along if you like sage, nice to see it not only me forgets things :laugh: :laugh:

5. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice meeting you mate, was a cracking nite shame it was slow

6. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

It was me and seabass who stopped for a chat. We did nowt but never heard the cliffs talking to us!!
    Looking forward to better conditions this week !

7. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice report and well done on catching at least you never blanked

8. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cheers for the replys lads, and deadly i thought you might have had a mop or two out of little run...
    harry i will take you upon your offer
    cheers
    Paul

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

will be in touch Paul when i hope to get out again .