1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

robin hoods saftey advice please

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by simon22, Oct 26, 2013.

1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi all. Fishing the bay at low water is there a danger of getting cut off as the tide floods or is it a sraite forward follow the tide back to the slip way. Thanks for taking the time to answer

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Sepends on where down bay you are planning on fishing ??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

it is pretty straightforward u have to be a bit carefull on the way out as about 1/3rd out there is a cut in the scar nothing major just use your tripod as a guide to left hand side of it is the quickest way over if you aint sure just wait it doesnt make that much difference I am referring to the slipway at the bottom of the village next to the pub the bay hotel

4. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Which slipway do you mean? There are a few places you can get cut off or certainly need to be aware of. I've had a bit of a surprise whilst fishing from one of the scarres in front of the sea wall and on the right hand side of the bay there are places the sea comes in behind you. Ness point on the far left is one to learn about too as on a big tide you need to be leaving to ensure being able to get back into the bay. There is a lot more knowledge on this forum than I have and also if you search on the main site there's plenty of info. Not a place to be complacent though that's for sure

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Some cut off points I Can think of. Dungeon hole is roughly 2hr 30 min after low but you have to wade off (I would leave earlier if you dont know way off).

If fishing landing scar then you have cuts in the scar behind you, same for River hole.

If fishing Sewer hole then you cant really get into trouble, unless your stupid.

Best guidance for RHB low water. Start 3 hours before low at River hole or Dungeon hole then move about as tide ebbs, and aim to be away 2 hours after low.

7. E.F.C. FOREVER

Glenn could u re-fresh my memory please dungon hole is up to the left of the sewer hole I have only fished it once years ago. Am I correct or on the wrong donkey ??

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Sorry lads i did not give u much info. I dont know the names of the marks as some of u do. The slip i have seen is the one at bottom of hill in town. Thats all i really know about the area. I will get tony to take me then i will get to know the area. Does the slip fish at top of tife

9. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

you beat me to it EFC............is it the hole just to the left of the rope ? (the one inside the bay not the crazy gang rope)

10. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

There are quite a few useful threads on RHB so click above (just below the 'menu') where it says
    'SEA ANGLING' (»Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing » ) (important this as otherwise you will be searching your own thread). Type RHB in the very top right hand box.

If you are new to the place then the bottom of the 'road' on the LHS of the of the sea wall, the Sea Wall itself, 'boggle hole' and 'stoupe beck' should be safe enough to start with but as 'MandolinBanjo' said upthread it's no place to get complacent. Depending on wind and tide it can be a really nasty place.

And it isn't just the Sea - stay well away from the base of the cliffs. There are plenty of rocks coming down pretty much all the time but especially come Winter.

Don't want to put you off because the bay has pretty much everything you might want for fishing - be careful though.

If you do find yourself cut off then wet feet are better than the alternative. ;)

(Edit : another, similar thread ...)
    http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=28548