1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robin Hoods Bay Tonight & a new PB with picture

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

For a while now I have been fishing with Killer on his match nights and ive been trying to pick up a few pointers and learn a few new marks.

Having spoke earlier in the day, Paul was in high hopes that we might find a couple of fish tonight with the weather and sea conditions.

We had a look at saltwick but paul decided RH bay would be a better bet. we arrived to find a local lad james (treacle) fishing in the spot we were heading for.

Everybody was getting small bites and having missed a few between us our hopes were beginning to fade, until i landed a small mop which went back. with our hopes lifted we carried on fishing getting more small bites,

until the last cast, i had baited up with some fresh lug, cart and mussel, i felt a few small tugs and gave a bit of slack line which resulted in a few more plucks then the rod was nearly pulled out my hand! i never even had time to turn my light on!
    the fish came in easily, paul and james were shouting tips at me to try and land the fish, as we saw it i tried to lift is but it slapped the rocks and went under the rocks with the swell!

my heart was in my throat but james ran round it took what seemed like an eternity feeling the fish pulling in the swell, and wondering if my snood would part with chaffing on the rocks, both paul and me thought the fish looked around 5 - 6 lb

until james actually managed to get it out the rocks he shouted up "its a double mate" i was really shocked, then we managed to get it up the wall. we packed our tackle away sharpish and made it back fo the weigh in, unfortunately im not a memeber of the club but they weighed it for me anyway, it took the scales round to 12lb 11oz, which surprised me and to be honest i feel really lucky to have caught the fish. i would like to thanks to james for grabbing it for me and getting a soaking in the process, cheers mate and paul for your continued patience and showing me the marks

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/robin-hoods-bay

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=125

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/hall-of-fame-article

heres the fish
    [​IMG]

2. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Re: RH Bay tonight & a new PB with picture

Bloody cracker of a fish - well done on your new PB
    Maybe a few more will show there heads
    It should give a few of us a bit of hope that the fish may be returning in less numbers but bigger sizes???
    Well done also to Paul and James for guiding and gilly duties :wink: :happy:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Quality mate, absolute Quality. I would say that fish will take some beating, but your knocking out Pb's like theyre going out of fashion.

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Cracking fish well done. Bet you want forget the moment that fish was safe and in the fish bag.

5. 5CR34M3R

5CR34M3R Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done!
    lets keep hoping them fish come back in lots of big sizes
    oooo i cnt wait to have a go again
    congrats on the pb!
    tight lines

6. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Nice fish.

Can't believe it. For years I have had a couple of weeks in RHB around this time of year and caught nothing. This year we didn't go (new baby) and this is what is lurking on the scaurs this year. Marvellous, just Marvellous.

7. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

:surprise: :surprise: That's an absolute cracking fish Rich well done mate :cool:.
    Now that new Pb will take some beeting nice one.

8. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

stonking fish bud!!..well done you

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Well done rich funny how things go you were mentioning your personal best and you said i dont think i will beat it now this year i said dont count your chickens mate this is the time of the year when those biggys come out to play and sure enough it did cracking fish.

paul.

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Stonker of a fish! :cool: Well done bud, most only dream of such fish.

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done Rich ,a cracking fish, and what a tussle getting it out , :happy:

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Rich, a quality fish and report fella................bet you didn't sleep much last night............well done again bud.......

13. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Well done rich on your pb I bet you were buzzing last

14. egg

egg Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done on your Pb, cracking fish :happy:

15. TheCodfather

TheCodfather Guest

well done mate thats a pig :happy:

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

supeb stuff rich, cracking fish. well done for james for getting it out for you

17. crazy horse

crazy horse Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done mate a cracking looking fish.nige

18. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Stonking fish mate,well done

19. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Nice one , a good story to cheer us all up , well done boys !

20. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

well done bud class fish mate