1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robin Hoods Bay Sewer Hole - The Mark Within The Mark !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/fishing-robin-hoods-bay-sewer-hole

2. Mop The Hoople 2

Mop The Hoople 2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

•Please also give me some feedback on this article.
    •Did you find this article useful

Good read & very informative.

look forward to any future articles on billet scars & stoupe beck areas,

always fancied it to fish when walking along to raven hall area.

thanks for sharing

3. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/tag/the-mark-within-the-mark/

4. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

What a fantastic read Glenn. Its a stunning place down there, I don't get down as often now but that article has definatly wetted my appetite.

5. Carrsythecod

Carrsythecod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Perfect timing Glenn family have a cottage booked in the area for week at Christmas and really looking forward to it ;D this should really help but apparently its not a fishing holiday?? :eek:

6. Baramundi Bob

Hope you enjoy your time there. I love bay. One word of advice is pay close attention to the article. Don't fall into the usual mindset of "I'm here so I'll give it a go". You have to have the right tides and conditions. If it doesn't come right then fish somewhere else or you will be dissapointed.::)

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk 2

7. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

There's a lot to be said for exploring the place even if the conditions are not ideal. I know that I always enjoy living (temporarily) a few minutes from the sea.

Thanks for the post BTW.

8. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great article mate. I've got the motivation back, was gonna go for a sesh tomorrow but Jamie's just dropped a text saying we've got some free tickets for the match tomorrow night ;)

9. Baramundi Bob

spawney git

10. pat cottam

pat cottam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great read Glenn, would like to fish up that way a bit more, this gives me an insight into one of the marks. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Pat

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Crap hate the place ?

paul.

12. imonlycoddin

imonlycoddin Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for that glenn very interesting and with plenty of information, I av bin wanting to try the place for a wile now, and soon will be that's if we get the rite seas.

matty.

13. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Hi glen. Great read mate. Not knowing the area is it easy to find and safe for a first timer!! U say that there is little danger from flooding tide but where does it push u back too, and do u acsees from the slip at bottom of village

14. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks 4 a good read glen.as killa says (crap) he must like it then ;D

15. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

One of my favourite marks dave but you have to have the right conditions northerlys are not much good down bay anything with east in it yes but you have to look at robinhoods bay to see why it faces east even a good southerly puts motion in the bay i myself personally over the years have had good bags down bay on southerlys where anywhere to the north of robinhoods is usaully rubbish on southerly except the high light.

As glen mentions in his article over the years big fish have come from bay i was fishing next to eric wilson who use to own whitby angling we were fishing on bay wall eric got an 18lb cod it was landed with a drop net there was so many double figure cod that year down bay but it was 1977 still a cracking spot especially on a mop year.

paul.

16. Baramundi Bob

Easy to find, very safe and it pushes you back to the slipway behind.