1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robin Hoods Bay Sea Fishing - Rope access ( not for health and safety freaks)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by robq, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mr lee

mr lee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: Rope access ( not one for the health and safety freaks !! )

When I was younger...*ahem...years back now* we used to do a load of climbing at Stanedge. Loved it but the old arms wouldn't handle it now and i'll be goosed if I tried it now. far too unfit.

Loved seeing the pics and reading about other peoples climbing history. I'd have no worries about abseiling down that cliff but would need a winch to help me get back up with all my gear. :laugh:

2. clifftoprunner1

clifftoprunner1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

they should all come for a climbing day with the scarborough crazy gang glen lol

3. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just a reminder of forum rule number 6:

6. Sea Angling can be a dangerous sport. Many anglers in the North east use ropes and various other methods to access remote marks. Every angler has a choice in how far they go in persuit of their sport. You are all responsible for your own safety but please do not criticise others regardless of how risky you think their fishing activities are. Health and safety bigots have ruined many of the good things in life. I wont let them ruin our fishing forum. Again posts made against this rule will be removed.

If you don't agree to this then please delete your account and find another forum to air your views on.

If you so wish, you can find the few simple rules regarding the forum here:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2759.msg23414#msg23414
    Thank You

Ken

4. makaman

makaman Guest

i dident criticise any body 4 doing it what people do is up 2 them fishing included i fish were its not safe skinnyjetty etc not once have i critcised any body 4 doing some thing thay enjoy

5. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Don't worry mate, not aimed at anyone in particular, it just needs mentioning now and again :happy:

Ken

6. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

total respect goes out to the lads who fish these marks. I have only been down the rope at kettleness and thats enough for me.stay safe and keep well

7. faithWRX

faithWRX Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great Report, shame bout the fishing but looks like agood bit of cardio going on, on the way back up

8. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ten out of ten for effort lads that's pretty extreme

9. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Should be well fit by now ,original post is from over 4 years ago :D

10. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bloody hell who dug this dinosaur up haha , just had to read it again tho, was a quality report well done Dave and Rob!