1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robin Hoods Bay Dungeon Hole With The Bass Club Clan

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Winter Cod Fishing At Robin Hoods Bay

After celebrating Young Charlie Bennetts Christening on Sunday, the clan decided ona few hours fishing At Saltwick Bay. The sea conditions were ok but the strong wind and driving rain put a dampner on the night and most of the lad went home after 2 casts.

I stuck it out for a couple of hours but was plagued with Billets for the full night. No sooner had I cast in than they were at me. After a couple of hours and persistent billet bites I headed for home.

Monday And Tuesday I decided to stay home but Im told some of the lads fished and managed a few codlings but nothing startling.

Tonight, bored of staying home, I made a last minute decision to have a go at Robin Hoods Bay. I started on a mark some of you will know as "Stepping Stones". The water was quite coloured but not as thick as it can get down there. I think the persistent easterlies are taking there toll and the water is beginning to clear out.

First cast I landed a small mop, same send cast and then I was joined by Clan Member Mike 33. Next cast I missed a few bites but never manged to hook up.

As the tide had ebbed a little far for Stepping Stones we had a short walk to fish a mark closer to RHB village called "The Dungeon Hole"

First Cast resulted in another mop, and then that was it, not another fish came out depsite bite after bite after bite for myself. Not sure what Mike was doing wrong tonight but I dont think he had a bite all night. That makes a change as its usually me who has to watch him catch all the fish.

Total for the night was 3 small mops. But Im pleased to catch and it was a great night out. Standing in The Bay under cover of Darkness with no moon in the sky just brings back so many great memories for me. Its one of the finest fishing venues on the coast and were so lucky to have it right on our doorsteps.

There was a lot of lights near by although Im not sure who they all were. Mike says he spoke with Non Clan Member Bernard Vasey at one point. I also saw a Van with Mistress Charter Fishing on it so Im guessing Copey was down there somewhere this evening. There was lights at Sloping rock, Landing Scar and Boggle Hole so the whole bay was very busy this eveing.

Hoping for some Northerly Swell soon and a bag full of cod before Christmas.

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Bloody hell. Didn't know that was you. I was on sloping rock with Mike and bri.

I got 4 to 4.5lb and the other lads managed 1 each. Plagued by rock lings as well.

We'll done on the fish

3. Baramundi Bob

They wont be taking you again if you caught more than them :)

4. Baramundi Bob

The area inside the red line is The Dungeon Hole

Attached Files:

• rhb1.jpg
      rhb1.jpg
      File size:
      134.1 KB
      Views:
  5. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was in me living room, but will catch up sometime. Was with cool mike Tuesday Eve for a few hours but both blanked, and tortured by billets as well. Well done on catching and also dan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Baramundi Bob

Yeah we must catch up soon. Mike mentioned you had been out last night but couldnt make tonight.

7. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

great write up glenn, yes i fished there last night for one mop. i fished landing scar, then sewer hole where i met mick bowman, then onto river scar, there were a couple of friendly lads down there who caught a few, looks like my streak has run dry for now! ill have to wait for my gillie to get back off his holiday! :)

8. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great read glenn,n cracking pic's all the best lads :)

9. Baramundi Bob

Streeks come and go Rich. A bag of fish dont make you a great shore angler nor does a blank or a poor night make you a bad one. Club fishing is over 6 months. Catching something/anything on a consistent basis seperates the best anglers out over a 6 month period. A Top 8 finish puts you amngst the best, have a read through the records, and set your targets.

10. zorro

zorro Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Glen. Thanks for another good read. I was out on Saltwick on sunday as well. Weather was pretty grim, but managed 3 for 10lb. Not surprising people left though!

11. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Nice shot is that ord mate. I remember you taking and showing me in the cloughton. We both had decent bags that match but mmw had other ideas with a 30lb bag.
    I've been a good few times since then and never failed to catch. Awesome spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

12. Baramundi Bob

I heard on The Grapevine (Tackle shop Gossip), that Allan Duke had a 10lber out of there on Saturday night. How true that is I dont know.

I did once have a double out of it myself :)

13. zorro

zorro Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Rob (lobsterman) was fishing there on Saturday at the same time. He said Alan had a 9lber, 8lber, a 5 and a mop. That's a good bag of fish.