1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robin Hoods Bay Cod Fishing - Rock Fishing At Robin Hoods Bay

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by MWW, Jan 27, 2007.

1. MWW

MWW Guest

Hi

Just back in from a good session at one of my favourite marks in RHB - started at 6pm & by 830pm had 10 codlings in the bag, plus another undersized went back, plus several good bites not converted.

Had to vacate the mark, leaving fish, as was in danger of getting cut off - went to another mark, but only 1 more codling came my way - did lose a couple more, though.

Weighed in for weekly club match, 11 codlings for 28lb - my best of the winter.

[​IMG]

Made a nice change after 3hrs in equally good conditions on wednesday (not RHB) didn't produce a bite.

Cheers

Mart

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Guest

Re: Robin Hoods Bay

Well done Mart, Was that the favorite mark you took me to? I hope you left a bit earlier! Another few bags like that and you will be able to do the full drive, tidy job!

3. mww

mww Guest

Ramrod

Yes, same place, same splashy going on getting off - seemed to make a big/ early flood last night - other lads at weigh-in said same.

Cheers

Mart

4. Re: Robin Hoods Bay

Did you win the match and what were the other catches like ?? I'm really starting to think that Whitby beach must be worth a try now. Wish I had enough worm to go and take a look.

5. mww

mww Guest

Glenn

To be honest, there wasn't a great deal else - most lads had a fish or 2, but don't think there were any other biggish bags or piggies.

The matches we fish are purely for the season's aggregate - no weekly matches, just monthly hsf/ heaviest bag sweeps.

Some of the guys sometimes do arrange a fiver a man on the night, but unfortunately I didn't realise they were doing it last night!!

Cheers

Mart

6. Re: Robin Hoods Bay

Get ready you Whitby lads! those fish will be teeming all over those scars very shortly

7. Re: Robin Hoods Bay

I've about sickened myself Ray.

I fished Sunday, Tues Wed and Thurs for a sum total of 2 billets and a 7 ounce rockling.

Plus my run of bad luck is continuing. In the last few months I've crashed the car on my way to fish, lost the tiga, threw all my bait of hawsker cliff and lost my 2 bait flasks and today whilst digging I snapped the fork. What else can go wrong ??

I'll keep you all posted.

8. Grover

Grover Guest

Well Done MWW looks like you had a great night?
    I like the way you arranged your fish for the photoshoot too. Well done all round m8.
    I hope you have many more good nights like that one.
    Its nice when people share and go to the bother of putting pics on. It gives us all a bit of encouragement.
    Thanks mate nice one.

9. Re: Robin Hoods Bay

You know it looks like the step of the red lion pub. Is that right Mart or was the piccy taken at home ?

10. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Guest

I reckon thats the formation they were swimming in!

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Are those stiff action rod pills Rodintino,s selling?

12. smokey

smokey Rockling

Cliff top rods,stiff as a poker ;) ;) ;)

13. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

no good to me it says 'best taken with a healthy diet and good exercise'

:D 8)

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Bloody spammers Again. Might have to close the forum to guests.

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

might be something to do with jiggy jiggy links in the glossary ;D ;D

16. tommo1955

tommo1955 New Member

went fishing right out of the whitby port fished all along to robin hoods bay lost a big bite and caught 1 powter last week the weight wasnt touching the bottom before i was getting bites, whats happened or was it my unluckey weekend, ktommo1955

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

its nice to see a bag of codling the way this season has been

18. GJW

GJW Rockling

That was 2007 Alan.

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

:hungry: :hungry: :cheesy:

20. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

had me going for a second till i looked at the date too lol