1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROBIN HOODS BAY COD - Again....

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mww, Feb 10, 2007.

1. mww

mww Rockling

Been back again for my Club Match tonight - following 2 blanks last 2 nights in pretty good conditions elsewhere, had a good result again up there. These 7 codlings, better average stamp than 2 weeks ago, weighing 23lb 9oz, biggest 5lb 8oz. A real hard night's fishing, though, a making sea bordering on being too heavy & strong SEly wind & sleet across - holding out long enough to get a bite was a bit of a task!! Think a bigger tide would have been virtually unfishable.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to the forecast SE gales.....

Cheers

Mart

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: RHB Again....

Well done again Martyn you certainly know how to fish that area mate. Something tells me you might have been at a slightly different mark this time. An amazing bag on a growing sea :)

3. Baramundi Bob

You didn't say if you won the match and what the other catches were like in the club ?

4. mww

mww Rockling

Was in exactly the same place as last time!!

There wasn't a great deal else, an odd fish or 2, which was a bit of a surprise, but maybe the making sea & wind/ sleet didn't make it easy for a lot of places. Still thought somebody would have attracted a piggy, though!!

Just seen sea at Scarborough this morning - pretty wild, looks around ESE. Will maybe try to get some pics this afternoon.

Mart

5. seabass

seabass Blenny

Any suggestions where to fish this sunday as its looking like it will be a rough sea.
    P.S keep asking you lads the same questions but i am travelling from the york area.

6. mww

mww Rockling

Wind's supposed to die away overnight, & E/ SE seas drop away pretty quickly, so with low water around 3pm, loads of options. Cayton/ North Beach/ Jacksons/ Burniston/ Cloughton/ RHB.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Mart

7. seabass

seabass Blenny

Finished up at Runswick seems to be my favourite place at the moment, started off on the rocks between cobble dump and lingrow knock but was bad for weed. So moved on to beached in the bay only just got there in time to get a spot on the beach as every one and his dog seemed to be there.Finished up with 3 codling, was talking to a bloke who said he was going to try Mulgrave dont know if he posts to this forum just was interested if he did any good.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Tell us about it talk about busy lol... a started on rocks me sell and ended up on beach ,managed 1 bout 2lb , perfect condtions i thought ,had to leave about 8.30 ish

9. seabass

seabass Blenny

Hi Dav

Do you always need a good sea on to fish off those rocks, or can it be productive on calmer conditions.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ive only ever bother off there when theres a sea running ,only ever fished a few times on calmer days ,and never seemed to do owt ,but im sure someone else on here will have more info

11. Baramundi Bob

That place is supposed to be good for the occasional bass in the summer months. Not somehere I like to fish, not because its no good just that its too popular and it gets difficult with crossed lines etc.

My mate went to kettleness last night and said when he looked towards Runswick it was lit up like blackpool in the autumn.

Could be a good sea for there again on Wednesday ?

12. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Hav,nt you got that drive finished yet Mart! Another big bag might do it. Did you not fish the Eastender match in the end?

13. mww

mww Rockling

There's a limit to how many times I can re-arrange the same fish before somebody twigs...but I think I got away with it this time by leaving a couple out of shot!!! Don't think they'll survive yet another fortnight in the tank, though!!

No didn't go for the Eastenders comp - was going to but cps had a bad back & 2 tons of concrete to lay (oddly it was in that order!!), Pete's about suicidal any time you mention fishing, & not heard from Steve recently. Thought it would be a bit on the heavy side as well - as you'll know, it's not unknown for the organisers to cancel if it's too rough.

Anyway, nice to see that you stayed in boundaries this week!!..... ;D

Mart

14. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Me and Andy were in the boundries Mart we fished Alnmouth in the Bedlington match, we just just never caught any fish! Going back to the Eastenders match, I don,t think they will cancel because it goes up to Alexander bridge in the river. Why is Pete suicidal?

15. mww

mww Rockling

>>Why is Pete suicidal?

Just having a bad winter - keeps turning out in cr@p conditions for his beloved Rocks/ South Cliff matches & vows every time not to bother again....

Mind you, a funny one last month, he turned out one Saturday afternoon, horrendously windy from anywhere between S & W - tried Bemmo tops, couldn't hit the water, went to Breil - just about fishable, lost a couple of lines, wind changed so back to Bemmo, & spent the rest of the match trying to get his line off the cliff!! Needless to say he blanked. Then turns out there wasn't actually a match that day, so he had to go through the whole lot again the following week!!!

Just hope he comes good in the 4's final on Friday night!!!

Mart

16. Baramundi Bob

Lol. He's having a bad time. I sympathise with him as I know what its like. I told you the story of my bait bucket and bag at Hawsker.

Fished Pete last year in the 4's final, he was in the team with Ramrod. We were at home so I took him down Goldsbrough but knew there would be no chance of cod. Spent all night with little baits trying to tempt a rockling and even they wouldn't come out to play. Now whenever I see Pete he asks about the great cod mecca at Goldsborough. Not sure if he's forgiven me yet.

17. mww

mww Rockling

Glenn

different Pete, mate. Yours is Pete Atkinson, mine's Pete Bayes.

Although he's having a bad winter, if he never catches another fish he'll still have caught about 10x more than I ever will. Reminds me, i was going to post this on the "double double" thread - mid '70s in a Rocks/ South Cliff Saturday afternoon match, Pete got a pair of 17lbers, plus a pair of 6lbers all the way along at Brewster, Gristhorpe. Had to come back off at high water, which is about as bad as it gets, maybe excepting Middle Way at North Hawsker, & is much, much further. This was in the days before TIGA lamps, even before Miners lamps & humungous rucksacks, & Pete carried his 40 odd lb of fish off in a "bass" bag by the glimmer of a Pifco headlamp. He reckoned it was about a week before he could straighten his fingers!! Fortunately he had the good sense to lose a third cod a similar size to the 17lbers at his feet, otherwise it would REALLY have hurt!!!

Mart