1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROAD WARNING POST HERE (SNOW) - All Snow Topics Merged In Here !!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by THE DOLPHIN, Dec 31, 2009.

1. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Re: WARNING BIRKBROW (SNOW) - All Snow Topics Merged In Here !!!!

If I was going it would be hard ground somewhere maybe over low perhaps where the birds arnt heavy when flying

2. IanB

IanB Blenny

Not a cat in hell's chance of me getting out now, we have about 8-10 inches of snow and even 4x4's are struggling up our bank :sick:

3. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Who you calling a pig foo???
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Happy New Year mate!!
    Hope it's a gud 'un for you and yours.

4. IanB

IanB Blenny

The snow is about two foot deep in places, well its over our lasses knee's.
    Bucko i think we need the helicopter out old chap lol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

5. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

boulby bank come 2 a stand still

boulby bank is at a stand still at the mo 1.30pm cars stuck on bank and cars backed up for a mile cars turning round 3 gritters there at the mo not looking 2 good !and more snow 4 cast!

6. bucko

bucko New Member

Re: boulby bank come 2 a stand still

Its been coming down like crazy in Stockton (Preston Farm) and according to the forecast the mainstay isnt due to come over until about 3pm

Shame as I was going to have a look out tonight.

7. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: boulby bank come 2 a stand still

I'm glad i got out last night. And a fish to come home with.

8. foo

Land and Sea

Roads between Loftus and Redcar clear 7: 30 this morning along coastal route.Big sea running though and looked too heavy for most open marks along the route.

9. fishermanbob

fishermanbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I was at whitby this morning i found birkbrow no problem at all ? belive it or not what slowed me down was some numpty in a 4 wheel drive sports car you know the type in the summer they fly past you with the jungle music blasting out with a chavey girlfriend sat with him , well he was crapping him self driving at 30 miles a hour , i found the roads ok aslong as you watch what ur doing if in doubt dont go

10. foo

Ha ha ha ha love it nice one.

11. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

snow

Oh dear here in grangetown we have had about 3 inches in about 1 1/2 hours !!!!!!!!!

12. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi I'm thinking of a session maybe tonight or tomorrow around runswick or port. What I am wondering is will I get there? travelling from Thornaby in a Skoda Octavia (2 wheel drive).

Whats the situation with Loftus and Boulby banks and also the coast road.

Any tips apart from the obvious stay at home or go to the pub etc would be most welcome.

Tony

13. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I was on the road yesterday and it was clear. The worst bits are where the snow is blowing into the road around Ellerby which is between Runswick and Whitby.

14. captain cod eye

captain cod eye Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: snow

Ya think thats bad travel a mile up the road to eston under nab a foot to 18in and we've just had a snow plough do the estate. I will get out tonight

15. kingsa2

kingsa2 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for that glenn,

If anyone hears of any black ice or accident blackspots in the area could you please post the locations. Many thanks.

Tony

16. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

STAY OFF WHITBY TO PICKERING ROAD!!!!!!!

its only as wide as one car and the drifts are bigger than tranny vans. :scare: :scare: :scare:

17. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

cheers dan i was coming that way i will go via scarboro now :yes:

18. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

i think that one will be bad aswell with this easterly wind.

19. Stevie

Stevie Blenny

Roads are clearing around Redcar/Eston areas due to a big thaw overnight and continuing. Even my drive has dry patches on it with the wind. Still thawing so i would think the moors roads should be clearing around Guisbrough to Whitby but not been over that way.

20. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

No doubt Matty will let us know about that route :wink: BY the way, i chucked a mince pie out the window last night and it dissapeared into about six inches of snow ,i can now see it clear as day,it is starting to thaw very fast in stockton, the birds will find it at last :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: