1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROAD WARNING POST HERE (SNOW) - All Snow Topics Merged In Here !!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by THE DOLPHIN, Dec 31, 2009.

1. IanB

IanB Blenny

Re: WARNING BIRKBROW (SNOW) - All Snow Topics Merged In Here !!!!

Roads on the North Yorks Moors are really bad, think i'll need a snow plough to get out now and its still snowing a blizzard :sick:

2. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Just been out in the car and it,s a blizzard here in stockton and the roads are covered in snow very slippy indeed A19 slushy but getting worse by the minute.
    Does anyone no what saltburn bank is like as I was going there Thanks Chris

3. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

just come from work (boulby ) snow laying on bank no sign ov the gritters looking really bad at the mo !

4. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Oh dear I text Harry the cod earlier to update him on the weather in Redcar and he was at Liverton picking up Go Go,I hope he has a re-think on fishing Sandsend

5. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

no chance ov getting t sandsend lads boulby bank really bad and culvert at steers not worth the risk take care tight lines!

6. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just back from work.... coast and moor roads north of whitby in dangerous condition, south of whitby passable with care although theres a lot of slow moving and often static traffic, theres currently a bus blocking the northbound side of birkbrow, unsure how long it will be there, conditions are showing no sign of improving.
    in all seriousness lads if you dont HAVE to be on the roads tonight then dont, you may be there a lot longer than you want to be, if you do have to go then remember to pack a few bits in the car boot IE,
    mobile phone
    blanket/sleeping bag,
    exra clothes
    SHOVEL!!!!!
    food
    water
    ive been caught out up there over night before and trust me these things will make life a lot easier in the event of being marooned

7. bucko

bucko New Member

The missus sister had to leave her car near Whitby earlier on and get the train back to Boro, I assume the moor road is a touch better now?

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

7:30am Today. Skinningrove to Redcar via coast road. Main road passable with care couple of icy patches here and there but for once council done a good job so credit where due.
    Sea looks absolutely spot on and falling go get them pigs.

9. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

roads

Hi lads what are the roads like like between boulby bank and whitby got a match later so wondering to come down that way or go over to hartlepool?

Cheers
    Russell

10. squidward

squidward Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: roads

if in doubt flat out

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

a wise man said that and had one or two crashed but still never mind :laugh:

12. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Roads were fine between skinny and redcar @ 7:30 am Lerch. Also my daughter just phoned from A19 and they set off about 30 mins ago and say main roads are fine.

13. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

k mate cheers but where to go?

14. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Been snowing for 2 hours in Whitby so far.

15. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

no snow in scarborough

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

been snowing on and off all morning in guisborough, but main roads near redcar area arent to bad. i would liek to get out fishing this evening but i dont think i'll risk it

17. bucko

bucko New Member

Going to have a look out later but certainly going prepared, will update once I am out

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Keep safe ian , were suposed to be getting more snow so ide keep local mate......

19. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

snowing now at boulby 1pm just gonna set of t work in 10 hope a can get home t nite !!

20. bucko

bucko New Member

Just spoke to my missus' sisterand she got over the moors road ok.