1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROAD WARNING POST HERE (SNOW) - All Snow Topics Merged In Here !!!!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by THE DOLPHIN, Dec 31, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: WARNING BIRKBROW (SNOW) - All Snow Topics Merged In Here !!!!

I had a ride on the Whitby-Middlesborough road and its all clear now. Sea looks lovely too.

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

snowing again in guisborough

3. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

it's not stopping in redcar :suspious: will be snowed in shortly haha :wink: :laugh:

cheers lee

4. IanB

IanB Blenny

Its not stopping up in the dales either, its snowing a blizzard and has been for hours.
    Was planning my first trip of the year tommorrow but it looks doubtfull now, probably wouldnt get as far as the moor road :no: :sad:

5. Baramundi Bob

6. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Some cracking pictures there Glenn still plenty of people about in Whitby even when the weathers not so good.

7. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

just had a phone call from some1 trying 2 get down boulby bank 3.30pm theres a gritter on the bank sliding all over a car in the hedge back and the traffic is all backed up trying t get up the bank so it doesnt look good !!

8. IanB

IanB Blenny

There's a stupid pillock tried getting his/her car up our road, its stuck in our front field now :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you dont half get them!

9. lochbois

lochbois Guest

Its snowing here in Stockton . I remember when they used to blame I.C.I for us not getting as much as other people. Well we have no industy on Teesside now so who gets the blame.
    Its winter we get snow in this country. :surprise:pB

10. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

looking at the forecast theres snow showers forecast for the next few days. take care anyone who does venture out

11. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

just taken the bus to liverton and back and the roads are treacherous to say the least, I have seen gritters out so hopefully the roads should be a bit clearer soon.....runswick is a sheet of ice, staithes not much better, dont think i took it over 20mph for the whole journey
    take care anyone using the roads in these conditions.....its no fun at all out there
    both moor and coast roads from whitby heading north are risky, with the exception being the stretch between whitby and sandsend (not including lythe bank)

12. BouncerMark

BouncerMark Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Roads around Whitby

happy new year all!!!!!
    pls bear with me im new here.
    i live over in pontefract,west yorkshire and was hoping to go to somewhere around whitby,runswick or sandsend on sunday.does anyone live over whitby wayu and give me an update as the condition of the roads etc? just didnt want a wasted trip 170 mile round trip! just itching to get out! cheers!

13. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Drove to Redcar and back @ 7:30 am from Brotton. Top end of coast road at Brotton bit slippy but gets better further down towards the sea.Saltburn to redcar clear and no snow at all at Redcar.

14. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Re: Roads around Whitby

Welcome to the site Mark.There is a whole section on road conditions running.One word of caution though the forecast is giving very unsettled weather over the next couple of days.Check the conditions before you set off bud.

15. BouncerMark

BouncerMark Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

sorry like i said very new to this.
    but a big thanks for the heads up just so wanting to throw a line! thanks again

16. nicksan

nicksan New Member

Whats it like over saltburn/skinny today? coming from harrogate so also have to deal with moor's bit if anyone knows what its like there too would be great. Desperate to wet a line now!! :)

17. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

i am at sands end cliffs today 2 till 8

18. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

roads are black ice down in skinny mate watch how u drive....

19. Baramundi Bob

Very icy at Whitby but main roads are fine today so far.

20. nicksan

nicksan New Member

cheers guys, sounds like we have a good chance of getting there then, cant wait!!