1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RNLI FUN FISHING EVENING TRIP ON SEA-OTTER 2 COD ,LING AND CATFISH

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jul 21, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Last night was the RNLI fun fishing 3 hour evening trip held by the WCSA all proceeds of the £10 entry and raffle would go to the RNLI .
    The weather was perfect little wind flat seas and the last bit of the ebb tide ideal to hit a wreck with only 2 hours fishing with 30 minuites each way steaming time everybody onboard was really enjoying the night the sea was flat the sun was shining what more could you want and it wasnt long before some real quality fish were hitting the deck .
    I would say there was around 30 or more cod and ling for the couple of hours fishing so everybody caught a few.

Regular sea-otter 2 angler John Holder gets a lovelly cod around the 8lb mark.

[​IMG]

Then gary landlord from the jolly sailors in whitby he got amoung some nice fish a bonny cod.

[​IMG]

John vero got a surprize with this catfish .

[​IMG]

Some nasty teeth .

[​IMG]

Johns lad jack the fish master won the juniors on the night with his 6lb cod .

[​IMG]

Local lad chris he also got managed a cod around the 8lb mark

[​IMG]

And martin greaves owner of whitby angling supplies martin just missed on the biggist fish on the fun fishing night with his 10lb ling the winner was 11lb martin loved it was great to be out on such a lovelly night and such a great cause .

[​IMG]

The skippers who take part and give there time for free to raise cash for the RNLI make this an anual event its fun for us the cash raised was over £600 a great night great weather and some good fishing was well.

paul.

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Great night and a great atmosphere- as always.
    Well done to all the skippers- you're a good bunch of lads!

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Another great RNLI funfishing night once again .

paul.

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Who won it in end paul theres a ladies section aswell aint they ?? Home Thursday crnt bloody wait !!!!

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It was somebodys on rich wards boat perry that got the 11lber and it was scrappys missis who won the lady on dollys .

paul.

6. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

8) definitely be back next year, a great couple of hours.

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

how do men. is there a list on the site that gives details of this sort of event, i know you dont always know the excat dates but if there are any that you do could they be posted. I seem to find out after the events and would love to do a bit more for such a good charity, i do donate by other means, cheers

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

The date simon isnt sorted till around a month before the event word of mouth travells very fast.

paul.

9. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

there was a post put up on here simon a few weeks before and it was bumped a couple of times too, i copied it to my fb page also

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

ok lads thanks, i must keep a better eye out