1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

River Wear Report friday 17th

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Big Cast, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Big Cast

Big Cast Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi Lad's

Well i was invited out by a couple of me brother's fishing for a few hour's....our original plan was to fish hendon wall ....we got there 2hrs before high water, sea was pretty big hearing that one lad down the bottom end had a couple of codling biggest around 5lb we decided to have a chuck but gear was just getting washed straight back in towards us using 6oz geminis...so we decided to chuck our gear in the car and move to pann's bank in the wear...was only a 5 minute drive away.

well we got there set up and casted in i was using a pennel rig with a couple of lug and a full squid....me brothers were just using 2 hook flappers with just plain lug on....first fish came in around 30minutes later for my brother a nice flounder over 40cms ( weighing 1lb 12 ozs )... around 10minutes later i had a small nibble so just left it...and again it went i thought it was a whiting by the bite it gave....struck it and in came a nice codling to my suprise of 2lb 5ozs i was well chuffed ...i'm doing well for once with size codling's this year.

we fished for a total of 4hrs getting small codling's after that and flounder's was quite a good funny night thoroughly enjoyed it :)

here's the fish we kept

Best Regard's Darren

Attached Files:

2. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

theres lot of nice flounders further up the river at the minute. been a few over 2lb recently.

i wouldnt keep river flounders though, they tend to taste of mud.

3. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo dazz keep it up mate