1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

river ure info

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by woody, Mar 10, 2008.

1. woody

woody New Member

2. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Hi Woody - you don't know of any sites that publish hourly river levels do you?

I know this service exists in Scotland for the salmon / sea trout fisheries, but the EA don't seem to think it's worth their while doing the same down here. :cry:

3. bucko

bucko Guest

I think you'll be out of luck on that one Biscuitlad.
    The EA did one in Wales on certain rivers for a while but it was apparently at least 6 hours behind, which as you know can mean the difference between fishable and not worth the bother.

4. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

yep, guess so. Amazing there's all this fuss about proper flood warnings. If they set up a simple system up at Hawes or Aysgarth, it would help anglers and tell people how much water will be coming down in a few hours' time. Car parks in York are forever getting flooded when there's been no rain there - up in the dales though, it's a different matter! If Joe bloggs can do a webcam updating every 15 seconds, surely it's not beyond the EA just to send a bit of txt to a website stating current river levels? :no:

But what I'd really like, is a little graph showing the rate it's been rising or falling over the last 4 hours - now that would be useful! :laugh:

5. woody

woody New Member

only bit ov advice i can give mate is if its blowing a hooly s westerly with a lot ov rain up dale it can make the ure rise a couple of feet in a few minutes i know this cause i once got stuck at the wrong side :embarrass: